Wholesale Bank International Graduate Programme: Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria 2013
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world’s most dynamic markets and earns more than 90 per cent of its profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The Wholesale Bank International Graduate Programme is the platform for you to hone your technical knowledge and become an expert in your chosen area.
Whether it’s supporting trade between China and Africa, advising on a potential merger or working on the biggest trading floor in Asia, you’ll be given the opportunity every day to play a role in reshaping the future of the industry.
In today’s global economy, Wholesale Banking plays a crucial role in helping clients facilitate commerce across some of the world’s fastest growing and most dynamic markets.
About the programme
As we look to the next decade, what’s the future of banking? How will people like you redefine and reshape the industry?
The 12 month Wholesale Bank International Graduate Programme is designed to focus your development and accelerate your growth towards a specialist role in a key area of our business.
Is this the right programme for you? Explore You:
- Do you want to learn and develop deep technical expertise?
- Are you brilliant at analysing millions of data points, and connecting the dots to find the story?
- Do you thrive under pressure and find opportunities in demanding circumstances?
During the programme you will:
- Gain broad banking knowledge and relevant specialist depth in a key business area aligned to your career preferences and strengths.
- Benefit from extensive exposure to our international business and network through regular interactions with cross-border teams.
- Take on roles and participate in actual projects that impact how we serve our clients and potentially shape the future of global growth.
- Undergo a structured skills and knowledge development programme where we will work with you to explore and develop your capabilities.
There will also be a strong emphasis on building relationships throughout the programme, with your colleagues, our clients and members of our senior management team.
Your success in the programme is all about the work you do, the results you get and the opportunities you create. Where you go is up to you.
You can choose to complete the Wholesale Bank International Graduate Programme in one of three programme streams:
- Coverage & Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Transaction Banking
Within each stream, you’ll have the opportunity to explore your strengths and discover what you are insanely good at.
Each role rotation will ensure you develop a crucial understanding of key functions of the business, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to carve out an amazing career within our Wholesale Bank.
In addition to completing role rotations relevant to your programme stream, you will:
- Join the International Induction Programme (IIP) and an academic programme, which together set you up for future success.
- Take part in extensive formal and informal learning opportunities to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to carve out a amazing career in our Wholesale Bank.
- Be deployed to a real role at the end of the 12 month programme, immediately putting into practice what you’ve learnt.
- Academic programme
- Career opportunities
Application and requirements
The breadth of our work means there is a role to suit everyone. Find out what we’re looking for and learn more about the application process.