Neconde Energy Limited Cost Estimating Engineer jobs career Nigeria 2013
Neconde is a growing Global Energy Company in Nigeria and we recruit for the position of a Cost Estimating Engineer. With an unstoppable quest for being recognised as one of the leading energy companies in the world. We are constantly striving to achieve and maintain excellence in a highly challenging Industry, where oil and gas activities may be found, and relies on the right skills and personalities like you with the drive and tenacity for nothing less than the best.
Working at Neconde offers you a competitive remuneration, an impressive array of benefits, excellent career development and a positive working environment.
Neconde is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Cost Estimating Engineer
- To execute Cost Engineering activities, and to provide relevant expertise to the Project Team through all phases of the Project, through design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up up, to hand-over and initial operations. To ensure the Project is executed to specified NEL and International standards and specifications.
- To carry out all Cost Engineering aspects of the Project with the objective to complete the work in accordance with the Project Development Plan, and with all appropriate norms and standards.
- To carry out all Cost Estimating and Engineering tasks as designated by his supervisor.
- This is a contract role needed for a period of 18 months.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Provide cost estimating review and support capabilities in the area of cost engineering to the Project Teams.
- To participate in the execution of the EPCOM (Engineer, Procure, Construct, Operate and Maintain) contract for the Project; This includes responsibility for the provision of project cost estimating engineering input, resource and support towards the completion, with minimum supervision of the following activities: Projects Feasibility Study, Conceptual cost estimates, preliminary estimates and Budget estimates.
- Provide cost estimating engineering support, and cost estimate review capabilities in the area of facilities and projects to further check that the Projects’ cost estimates conform to NEL facility standard estimating norms and the NEL standard ESAR specifications.
- To provide/co-ordinate responses to Contractors’ cost queries during the project detail design phase;
- To carry out project cost estimating engineering activities related to the project’s multidisciplinary nature, including review of progress on design deliverables, participation in cost and schedule reviews; To monitor follow-up of recommendations;
- To effectively manage the Projects cost interfaces with other projects and facilities, and liaise with E&P representatives to ensure their requirements are taken into account during project execution;
- To effectively manage the cost interface with the Contractor and project team;
- To check the progress figures detailed in regards to the materials procurement aspects of the EPCOM contract from ex-works to delivery at site.
- To ensure adequate and robust cost estimates are in place for all the activities associated with the construction and pre-commissioning of the facilities (e.g. preparation of construction drawing/documents, site construction and installation, hook-up, pre-start up audits, as-built drawings);
- To control and check all aspects of cost in relation to change control.
- To monitor cost effectiveness and ‘fit-for-purpose’ in design and construction
- To ensure full implementation NEL requirements does not lead to disruption of the project schedule and subsequent claims by the Contractor.
- Perform the roles of the Cost Engineering Discipline head in the facility including interfacing with the corporate discipline head, providing inputs to projects and initiation of best practices and new technology for strategic cost leadership such as trending global changes/improvement in safeguarding, instrumentation and control systems.
- Design input. 2. Drawing reviews. 3. Inspection and audits.
Education and Experience:
- HND in Business Studies with working knowledge of abroad range of Cost Engineering experience, systems, tools and practices.
- Experience should be a minimum of 10 years in Cost engineering of design and construction.
- Experience in EPC Contract management.
- Good Project management experience and skills.
- Leading a team.
- Understanding the importance of the company’s business and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate effective management of Customer/Suppliers/Contractors Relations.
- Determine Facility Maintenance Requirements.
- Broad knowledge and application of Risk Assessment for all construction and operation field tasks.
- Ability to seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and experience in doing own job.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2013
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply