GlaxoSmithkline Plc Jobs Vacancy Nigeria 2013
GlaxoSmithkline Plc is set to recruit for the position of a Manager SnA, To co-ordinate and manage GSK’s business in Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles and Comoros with major focus on sales strategy and tactics and the achievement of agreed Sales targets, per therapeutic area where appropriate.
Country Manager SnA > Close Date: 27-Jun-2013
Job Title Country Manager SnA
Location – Town / City Mauritius
Location – Country Mauritius
Reporting To (Job Title) Group Country Manager
Type of position Permanent
Job Purpose/Scope Job Purpose:
Control the agreed expense budget while focussing on business objectives.
To effectively lead, coach and manage sales teams and distributors and through them to achieve the sales targets.
To ensure that GSK highly ethical standards, procedures and reputation are maintained in your countries.
Manage a team of cross-functional (where appropriate) first line sales manager, key account manager, sales representatives. Interact with Sales Manager, Product Managers and support services. Operate within an agreed expense budget. Implement marketing strategy in line with GSK objectives.
Key Responsibilities Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Contribute to achievement of region Sales vs Budget/ Target (gross sales).
• Control Country Expenses vs agreed estimate.
• Maximise GSK’s business through pursuit of all possible opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a robust and dynamic Key Opinion Leader programme.
• Develop and maintain strong Relationships with Ministry of Health, Healthcare Funders and NGO’s where appropriate.
• Work with all stakeholders to ensure a favourable regulatory environment where GSK can register products.
• Monitor and analyse sales performance, in country down to representative level.
• Generate action plans to correct areas of weakness and capitalise on areas of opportunity.
• Reward and recognise good performance and deal efficiently with underperformance.
• Ensure a productive tender process where GSK can tender successfully.
• Maintain the highest standards of sales force effectiveness.
• Ensure a high standard of territory management, patient focus detailing and selling skills in the sales team.
• Coach Sales Representatives to understand and realise market potential to its full potential.
• Assist Sales team to optimise the planning and organising of all relevant sales activities in their area.
• Motivate and support sales team through appropriate reward and recognition programmes.
• Foster an open an honest style within the team.
• Ensure that all team members act professionally at all times and set the appropriate example.
• Create and encourage an innovative team climate which results in superior performance.
• Delegate appropriately
• Identify new business opportunities which will have a positive effect on the region and the company.
• Use all available data to maximise sales within each area.
• Initiate ideas and concepts that will drive the sales, employer group interactions.
• Create and maintain an effective and dynamic Key customer programme
• Actively seek for evidence of Diversion and Counterfeit activity and report it relentlessly
• Understands GSK policies and procedures
• Drive compliance to the Marketing & Promotional Code by setting the appropriate example.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of relevant therapy areas
• Communicates effectively with senior management, peers, marketing and other departments when necessary.
• Always acts as a respected individual with GSK customers and staff.
Qualifications, Experience Fluent in French and English.
Senior Certificate or equivalent.
An appropriate Sales, Business or Marketing Management Diploma or qualification.
Training/Career Path/ Work Experience:
Medical Sales Representative
Experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a Sales Manager.
Competencies Job Factors:
• Display an ability to analyse industry competitors through use of available data.
• Have a clear understanding of State business including the tender process, availability of GSK products at State outlets, GSK product usage and distribution channels.
• Be able to analyse available audits such as In-Country Sales, International sales ex factory , Company market share, company profitability and use these to grow the business.
The Country Manager must subscribe to the following principles, processes and theories:
• Be committed and make a meaningful contribution to the Market and the Company.
• Be accountable for achievement within the Country and Southern Africa division.
• Align self and Country Representatives with GSK interests.
• Develop self as well as subordinates.
• Perform with integrity.
• Contribute with passion.
• Be innovative and demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit.
• Work with a sense of urgency.
• Have a complete and thorough understanding of the scope of the business.
• Must be able operate within a dynamic and competitive environment which will ensure the achievement of sales objectives.
• Must be able to identify and resolve issues that occur within their markets, while at the same time maintaining appropriate communication to Southern Africa Head office, other Country Managers and sales staff.
• Maintain good financial control within the team.
• Needs to be able to resolve issues and problems independently.
• Need to display an ability to think independently and to make both strategic and tactical decisions within the market.
• Must be able to identify new business opportunities and to act decisively to develop the business – be entrepreneurial.
• Should have an ability to deal with and rectify problems or internal issues as they arise.
• Need “holistic view” of the market so that strategic and tactical decisions can be made.
• Must implement good ideas and innovative ways of doing business.
• Require the addition of unique and creative strategies to formal sales plans to achieve targets.
Accountability and Responsibility:
1. Spend 70% of their time in-field, either working & coaching with representatives (40%), or developing their market by calling on key customers (30%). The remaining 30% should be spent on administrative tasks.
2. Ensure ongoing implementation of the Marketing Dept strategies by the sales team eg: the holding of CME meetings, detail aid messages, samples and give-aways (where applicable), target programmes and KOL contact.
3. Create an environment of competition, passion, enthusiasm and energy within the sales team.
Ensure that these qualities are embraced by all through the setting of attainable team and individual goals.
Maintain a team focus that can be sustained through an atmosphere of healthy competition among the sales team.
Ensure that rewards and incentives are fair and that discipline is maintained within the team.
Encourage creativity and innovation and celebrate success.
Make sure that success is to the benefit of the region and GSK Southern Africa and deal firmly with issues that create division or damage to the company’s assets and resources
4. Ensure that accurate monthly stock forecasts are forwarded to the Head Office so that our suppliers are able to deliver appropriate GSK service to our customers.
Annual Strategic Planning:
• Take responsibility for the development of the annual regional expense budget.
• Take responsibility for the implementation and control of the expense budget for the region.
• Become involved in the development of realistic sales budgets and sales targets for their market
HOW TO APPLY
When You enter website, click on the Sales and make Application