Job Vacancies at Cyclofoss technologies Limited for News Writer / Editor Nigeria july, 2013
Cyclofoss technologies Limited is a young and growing data expertise (IT) company based in Lagos, Nigeria, that supplies IT answers and services for our clients. We furthermore function community and communal newspapers web sites in a number of classes. With a flexible and scalable stage, we function a quickly growing mesh of websites, web-based, and programs products that offer buyers the proficiency to access and share data through comprehensive online communities.
We recognize that our proceeded achievement as a business depends mostly on the collective strengths of our workers.
Why work when you can play? We’re looking for determined, razor-sharp self-starters who take play seriously because to them work is play and they love the game and play it passionately. We adopt those who see things distinctly, aren’t aghast to trial, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
Cyclofoss is seeking to load up the position underneath:
Job Title: News Writer / Editor
Location: Festac, Lagos
Level: Entry Level or Mid-level
Type: Permanent – Full-time
- Cyclofoss is seeking passionate News Writers / Editors. This general-assignment role will cover breaking news for a constantly-updated news web site, mobile applications and the Social Media channels. The writer would cover general breaking news locally and Internationally.
- A qualified candidate would bring both enthusiasm, and ability to obtain and analyze news, dig through public records, and reach out to a diverse array of sources and then write stories with the readers’ perspective in mind. While the candidate might cover day to day news developments in all categories, the prime responsibility is to find revealing and breaking news stories for our news websites.
- We look for people who are passionate for learning, opinionative, curious, and have inborn qualities of problem-solving, achieving, and leadership. We provide a challenging environment to our people and let them to build on their strengths and expand their opportunities. We are self-organized, self-motivated, and the drivers of our own solutions.
The role would be responsible for the online news content on daily basis on our news website. The ideal candidate would be writing for the web / print and engaging the audience via social media.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a disciplined self-starter who can generate a large story count on a daily basis, while creating and maintaining important contacts.
- Must be able to shoot, write and edit those stories while working under deadline pressures
- Provide content to our news websites with a focus on breaking news articles and the biggest entertainment stories of the day.
- Manage daily coverage of the top stories especially in Entertainment industry.
- Monitor the Web at-large, TV Stations and Print publications for stories and source materials
- You have to be quick and resourceful in the field.
- We thrive on unique content and approaching stories in a way unlike anybody else. You need to be able to bring your own ideas to the table and work well under deadline pressure.
- Our reporters are expected to take pictures, even shoot video when necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media. A news junkie.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Ability to dig up stories, celebrity news a must.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines.
- Ability to be precise and accurate in writing.
- Monitor news on a daily basis.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Sometimes, flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Plan and research future stories for use in daily coverage
- Exhibits a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, seizes opportunities and steadfastly pushes themselves and others for results. Seeks continuous improvement and displays good judgment.
- Writer must be a self-starter and know how to break a story.
- Should be comfortable with technology, including digital and social media.
- Ability to produce high quality news stories across all content platforms.
- BSc / HND qualification in any discipline.
- Skills in the following areas: writing, broadcast journalism, news judgment, computer skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills and attention to detail
- Strong grammar and communication skills and command of language
- Familiarity with Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- Knowledge of the entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industry in Nigeria
- Familiar with Local and International Entertainment News platforms and follower of Celebrity news.
- The environment may be fast paced at times, requires the ability to rapidly accept change, requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities, and requires the ability to handle significant amounts of stress.
- The role will have proven editing skills and the capacity to make the news on digital platforms as engaging and urgent.
- Publish to the web and social media.
- Monitor news wires and competitive media.
- Self-starter with proven ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail and fact-checking.
- Excellent communication skill – both oral and written – with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds.
- Fact check stories and review them for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation.
The pay is negotiable. The truth is that we are not looking for Job Seekers, we are only looking for Problem Solvers, and we will reward them handsomely for solving our business problems. Prove to us what you can offer and we promise to make you an offer you can’t refuse.
How To Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities required to add value at Cyclofoss, to help us move forward toward the future as the leading Internet Media Organization, then we would like to hear from you. Just send your CV to: email@example.com using Job Title as the Subject of the email. Don’t forget to send a cover letter in the body of the email. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Also, we will like to see your write-ups or a link to your online portfolio.
Application Deadline Date
Closes by 3rd July, 2013.