Pipeline Contruction Manager job career at WTS Energy Nigeria 2013
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and commissioning of the pipeline and related facilities.
- Represent the Company to assure all construction-related activities performed by the contractor are performed in accordance with design, budget and schedule and is completed to HSE and quality standards.
- Review all Method Statements dealing with his area of responsibility prior to mobilization of the contractor.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, design professionals and other relevant stakeholders to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems/challenges.
- Review engineering design drawings and discuss findings of concern with the Project Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Discuss and resolve daily site problems with field engineers and supervisors. Monitor construction progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and provides input to the regular reports of the Project Manager.
- Align with/assist relevant stakeholders on project documentation and progress reporting to ensure quality and timely reporting.
- Participate in or (subject to the Project Manager delegation) leads in discussion of contractual matters related to contractors employed on the project.
- Check and okays all claims for payment from contractors to assure accuracy and that proper contractual obligations are met.
- Make forward plans in all sections of the project for the release of equipment and personnel employed.
- Other responsibilities/activities as may be directed by the project manager
- The successful candidate should have at least 15 years experience in a reputable Oil & Gas organization (preferably within an E&P environment)
- A First Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in a position of leadership and responsibility in Oil & Gas construction and commissioning project with particular reference to pipeline construction.
- The role requires a candidate with strong technical, negotiating and conflict management skills in addition to contract and project management proficiency.
- Good documentation and project management skills will be required.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, and have good interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions Pipeline Contruction Manager
18 Months renewable contract
Our client is a leading independent Nigerian oil and gas exploration, development and production company.
Publication end date