Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources Jobs career Nigeria 2013
Progressive Global Energy & Natural Resources is a global recruitment consultancy and we recruit for the Position of a Senior Production Geologist dedicated to helping companies and energy professionals face their recruitment challenges head on. From a network of international hubs, we place the very best oil and gas and mining talent in a range of roles across the world.
Offering a wealth of exciting opportunities and tailored recruitment solutions to suit our international locations, our consultants match the skills and experience of talented candidates to our clients’ vacancies and project roles.
Progressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for multiple vacancies for a Nigerian oil and gas company who was established in 2010. It started formal business operations in June, 2012. The company’s mission is to be a deeply technical, commercial and entrepreneurial organisation, with full delivery capability across the entire upstream oil and gas value chain.
Job Title: Senior Production Geologist – Nigeria
Progressive Recruitment Ref. No.: PR-12358751
OilCareers Ref. No.: J975532
Location: Nigeria, INTERNATIONAL
- 10-15 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigerian and possibly international, covering both land, swamp and deepwater experience.
- Track record in Field Development Planning and execution, Production Seismology, Structural & Reservoir Correlation and Top sands Mapping, Static Reservoir 3D Modeling, Sand thickness, Porosity, Saturation & Hydrocarbon thickness and STOIIP and GIIP calculations, using deterministic and statistical methodologies.
- Field experience, drilling and monitoring of development and appraisal wells, openhole logging, mudlogging, geomechanical analysis, fault seal analysis and pressure prediction
- Track record in Production System Asset, Reservoir Planning & Monitoring, Modelling and Optimization, Forecasting, by Asset, Reservoir and drainage point,
- Full understanding from static modeling to reservoir analysis, to point of sales, including openhole logging, production sampling, production testing, BSW analysis etc…
- Field Maps, top sands and all related derivative maps and well correlation data base stewardship, input into models and ultimately Asset and Reservoir stewardship, Resource reporting
- Technical innovator and entrepreneur, track record in finding solutions to increasing the recovery per dollar invested and operated.
- A recognized leader in the discipline
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork,
- Fluency in written and spoken English language,
- Roles and Specific Responsibilities:
- Drive the implementation of the field optimization of the producing fields, oil gas and condensate, including location preparation, well planning, drilling and hook-up to the production stations, with specific focus on HSE, Cost, Time and Recovery per well,
- Drive the recovery per well of the existing producing wells, ensure that the well and reservoir management processes are fit for purpose, documented and engrained in our own organization and in that of our partners, with particular focus on well uptime and increased recovery per reservoir,
- Develop the input into the Integrated Production System Model, starting with consistent seismic to top sands structure maps, full static reservoir models, and hydrocarbon in place calculations,
- Detailed well planning, with drillable wells, lowest unit cost wellplans, from surface to well reservoir penetration.
- Ensure a world class database,that is third party verifiable. The summary document, the E-well book, is the life Asset Reference Document and is formerly updated quarterly with the relevant historic and static data for the field, the top reservoir maps, correlation panels, type logs, the wells, drainage points, reservoirs, and flowstation and surface infrastructure,
- Contribute to the generation, coordination and delivery of the approval processes, for drilling Well proposals, Well data gathering campaigns, Well re-entry and work proposals. Ensure seamless integration between Exploration, Well Engineering, Production and Finance alike.
- Work out discipline specific guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international technical practices.
- Ability to translate complex operational and development issues into simple solutions,
- High level of independent thinking and reasoning, based on sound technical and commercial fundamentals.
- Understanding and application of the key drivers of operations and well reservoir management including seismic, reservoir engineering, petrophysics, production technology, well engineering, process engineering and production operations.
- Ability to generate good quality technical reports
- Ruthless bottomline focus, ability to translate and articulate technical solutions into the key business drivers, HSE, Cost and Production,
- Fully understand and able to articulate how the company is making its money and how he and his department can drive the bottomline, short term, medium term and long term of the company.
- Implement fit for purpose business processes, including efficient and effective translation of opportunity to project plan, and planned liquids and gas into the tank. With support processes fit for purpose but hard coded, including IAP, budget approvals, authority to execute, priority setting and staff allocation, time writing, maintaining personal log books and project handbooks.
- Supervise and coordinate subordinates
- Interact and work effectively with other professionals in group/project team and in other disciplines
- Readily accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates
- Ability and focus on driving own professional and career development (technical affiliations, SPE etc)
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates
Key focus areas:
Direct experience in the following areas:
- HSEMS implementation in the field and the workflow,
- Seismic interpretation, AVO understanding, top sands/reservoir mapping, well log interpretation, static reservoir modelling
- Field development planning, execution and field management,
- Hydrocarbon in place calculations, as input for the Reserves evaluation and reporting, NNS and SPE Reserves classification and evaluation methodologies,
- Generating innovative and imaginative development solutions,
- Integrated Activity Planning, IPSM, Cost optimisation/management, Well and reservoir management, production surveillance
- Well Completions (Including Intelligent Completions),
- Production Surveillance and Operations,
- Reservoir Studies and Surveys,
- Well planning, design and execution, open hole logging, cased hole logging, coring, mudlogging,
- Quantification of reservoir and hydrocarbon risk and uncertainty and integration in the well planning and in place volumetric calculations
- Government Regulations
- Petroleum Contracts
The succesful candidate will be working for an organisation who aspires to be the leading Nigerian indigenous integrated execution vehicle, focused on developing and operating a portfolio of upstream oil and gas assets. With a management team that has a track record of commercialising and operating upstream oil and gas assets globally and in Nigeria, and supported by a Board of Directors with sound business knowledge and credible international profile, the company is poised to deliver material value of about 25,000 barrels of oil-equivalent per day within five years.
Salary: Up to N30Million P/Annum + Benefits.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online