HP Graduate Development Program – Applications Quality Assurance and Service Desk Analyst (Abuja / Nigeria) 2013
Hewlett Packard is recruiting for Graduate Development Program as Quality Assurance and Service Desk Analyst. The Graduate University is a fully rounded 24 month programme that takes graduates from entry level to senior systems programmers through education, mentoring, hands on the job training and the ability to pass year end certification therefore progressing into the next year of the programme.The Programme is recruiting individuals to the position of :
Job Tittle: Quality assurance and Service Desk Analyst (Ref: 1145561)
Location: Abuja ,Nigeria
- The position offers rich experience with multiple IT systems and an opportunity to be involved with a complex IT services architecture. The work environment is fast-paced and thrives on continuous improvement. The Application Support resource can use the opportunity to make key contributions to the success of the service operations.
- The Application team thrive on the idea of fulfilling stakeholder requirements through the effective use of technology. The team members are empowered to think out-of-the-box, table innovative ideas and play on different grounds within the teams’ vast opportunity space.
- Develop a good understanding of the services and the systems involved.
- Participate in activities to understand and learn new product features and technology changes.
- Develop understanding and hands-on administration skills on Webmethod, WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Broker.
- In support with senior team members, perform troubleshooting of issues related to Webmethod and WebSphere deployments.
- Develop a good understanding and use of Monitoring tools. These include Tivoli Monitoring, Apps Manager, WebMethods Administration Consoles and custom-developed monitoring tools.
- Monitor the application health using monitoring tools and custom procedures.
- Monitor alerts thrown by the applications via emails and take documented/as-needed action.
- Work with other team members to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Develop an understanding of the Incident Management process.
- Familiarize with the technical environment, processes, procedures and tools related to Application Services team.
- Perform Applications Quality Assurance activities. Develop working knowledge on quality assurance plan, quality standards and procedures
- Extracting test cases and test data from Functional Specifications and Use Cases documents.
- Coordinating functional, regression, integration and user acceptance testing to validate systems functionalities and integration between modules.
- Documenting testing results
- Management of the interface with the internal and/or external Customers on software quality matters.
- Manage the operations of the service desk
- Bachelor’s degree (2012 graduation onwards) in a computing or business related discipline, plus a good understanding of IT.
- This would preferably be backed up with some relevant experience / exposure to financial management systems (of maximum 12 months) or extra-curricular activities.
- Language Skills: Advanced level of written and spoken EnglishInterpersonal skills: The ability to work well with people
- Flexibility: The ability to adjust to rapid change
- Team Player: Willing to be a collaborative and reliable team member
- Analytical Abilities: Eye for detail
- Communication: Having the ability to communicate clearly and confidently in an international environment
- Commitment: The dedication to achieve goals and being result-oriented
- Personality: Possessing an attitude fueled with positive-thinking.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online