Save the Children Nation Wide Job Vacancies Nigeria 2013 – (9 Positions)
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits
and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is now looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions:
1. Local Govt Area Technical Advisor
- To strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- At least a B.A. in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science. Strong programme management background with 2 years professional experience in managing health and/or nutrition programmes.
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, including costing, managing and monitoring budgets. Previous experience with local and international NGOs; and Good knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
2. Advocacy and Communications Officer
- The ideal candidates will contribute to Save the Children’s efforts to influence and bring about change in the awareness, attitudes, behaviours and policies related to the rights of children in the country programme in the state of posting. management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for or the security of staff and for the promotion of the Child Sale Guarding Policy.
- University degree in health, nutrition, communications or related social science field. Substantial experience in advocacy and policy development/research in the development context.
- Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policy makers, politicians, donors, and other key actors.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
- Prior work experience in advocacy in Nigeria is desirable. .
3. State Technical Advisor
- To strengthen the capacity of the: State Nutrition Officer (SNO) and deputy(s), if applicable, in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include -Infant & Young
Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks).
- A University degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in health, nutrition or related subject. A Postgraduate qualification in health related subject will be an advantage.
- Strong programme management background with at least 5 years professional experience in managing health and/or nutrition programmes.
- Significant experience in planning, managing and monitoring budgets as well as effective resource planning, including commodities and technical expertise.
4. M&E Officer
- To lead the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities at state and LGA level for the new DFID-funded cash transfers programme, the Child Development Grant Programme.
- Ensure that all data collection, consolidation and documentation are conducted in a timely manner and consistent with DFID requirements and Save the Children guidelines and best practice.
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
5. Human Resources Officer
- To provide administrative support and assistance for the development and management of Human Resources functions, for the development and maintenance of policies & procedures, for or the security of staff and for the promotion of the Child Sale Guarding Policy.
- A bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences with at least 2 years experience in similar role covering Staff and performance management as well as HR administration.
6. Advocacy Adviser
- To provide support to the Advocacy team on policy analysis, new programme development, advocacy initiatives, strategy development and pro-poor governance agenda in the delivery of basic social services with focus on improving quality and access to health services.
- Post Graduate Degree in Public Health/ social science with at least 5 years experience in health! social services delivery focusing on governance and enhanced voice and accountability.
- Profound knowledge in Nigeria governance and health systems and political terrains with ability to clearly communicate and easily relate to federal/state authorities.
7. Finance/ Admin Assistant
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting all financial and administrative support functions for the state office.
- A University Degree/HND with specified Area in Finance/ Accounts/Business Administration.
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
8. Health and Nutrition Advisor
- To provide technical support to the design, implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition activities for the new DFID-funded cash transfers programme, the CDGP, with a particular focus on behaviour change communications for improved nutritional knowledge, attitudes and practices among others.
- At least a B.A. degree in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science. Strong programme management background.
- Experience in community based nutrition programmes (CMAM and/or IYCF).
- Technical expertise and experience in behaviour change communications programming and community mobilisation.
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme. including costing, managing and monitoring budgets.
9. Local Government Area Supervisor
- To plan and manage the delivery of project activities for a new DFID funded cash transfer programme at LGA level including targeting and enrolment of beneficiaries via community based structures, supporting the monitoring of beneficiary accountability mechanisms, post distribution monitoring and case management, nutrition behaviour change communications, advocacy and act as focal point for partnership with LGA authorities.
- At least a B.A. in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science, Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Strong programme management background, including HR management.
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, including costing, managing and monitoring budgets.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2013.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their cover letter and CV’s to: email@example.com
- State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.