Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Jobs career Nigeria 2013
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job Title: Clinical Advisor – PMTCT/MNCH
Job ID: 13-6601
The Clinical Advisor – PMTCT/MNCH will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of integrated PMTCT/FP/MNCH services under the MSH ProACT project in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. He/she will supervise field based clinical teams and will report to the Deputy Project Director. In addition he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall strategic direction for PMTCT/MNCH programming as well as providing strong leadership to a multidisciplinary team of clinicians working in supported health facilities.
- Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of integrated PMTCT/MNCH services including FP under the LMS-ACT project in Nigeria
- Member of the Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical guidance and clinical expertise in the provision of ProACT project PMTCT services
- Work closely with the technical unit to provide technical assistance to partners and guide the development of innovative PMTCT/MNCH initiatives to support facility level program operations including FP integration, care and treatment of HIV infected pregnant women, infants and children.
- Provide technical assistance in the training and supportive supervision of site clinicians providing PMTCT /MNCH, HIV counseling and adherence support services.
- Provide on-going technical support and supervision to field based clinical teams who will in turn provide technical support to facilities in the implementation of integrated PMTCT/MNCH services.
- Represent MSH ProACT at PMTCT technical working groups meetings hosted by the USG or Ministry of health, National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCP)
- Develop a standard of care package for PMTCT service delivery and ensure implementation in supported health facilities.
- Liaise and network with relevant ProACT partners and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda for PMTCT/MNCH.
- Participate in the development and/or review of HIV policy and guidelines documents, in close collaboration with Ministry of Health (MOH) and partners
- Take responsibility for monitoring, evaluation and reporting of PMTCT/MNCH activities within the project PMP framework
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH ProACT senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with ProACT senior management to document and publish best practices.
Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Deputy Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for guiding PMTCT program data generation and management.
- Medical Degree (MD) and appropriate licenses
- Specialist degree in Ob &Gyn with a graduate degree in public health preferred.
- At least 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment, PMTCT or Reproductive health programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in PMTCT/pediatric HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Experience in developing country health care programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Training and experience in Mentorship and Quality Improvement programs will be a distinct advantage
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and statistical analysis required.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2013
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online