Events & Sponsorship Manager at Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc Nigeria 2013
The Seven-Up bottling company Plc is one of the largest independent manufacturer and distributor of the well-known and widely consumed brands of soft drinks in Nigeria. Our brands are Pepsi, 7UP, Mirinda,Teem and
Mountain Dew, which we produce and market in all our present 9 manufacturing plants.
We also market our products through our over 200 distribution centres that we also call depots spread over the nooks and crane of Nigeria. Our workforce is currently in the neighbourhood of 3500 employees.
Only the deep can call to the deep. Are you deep? If yes, this is for you. Continuous growth has brought with it an opportunity for a strong and self-motivated individual to join our team of never-say-never corporate achievers as an EVENTS & SPONSORSHIP MANAGER.
Job Title: Events & Sponsorship Manager
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the job holder will have full responsibility for planning and organizing events and sponsorship for the company, the regions, the customers and for the various brands.
- He/She will be responsible for all operational, implementation & post event and sponsorship activities.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties and responsibilities shall not be limited to the following:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to define event and sponsorship goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote the brand and organization objectives.
- Source venues, recommend & engage catering, acquire supporting technology and coordinate development of materials to execute quality events.
- Conduct research and develop feasibility studies to identify new event and sponsorship opportunities for the various brands & organization.
- Deliver events and sponsorship on time, within budget,
- Work with BMs to develop brand, marketing communication, OTG POS and tools for events and sponsorship as required.
- Maintain a calendar of events and sponsorship, implement a system that enables and anticipates mid & long term planning & effective event and sponsorship management for all brands and company activities.
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers, outside providers and subcontractors to ensure the lowest cost at the highest quality of service.
Requirements Being a management position, the successful applicant will be expected to have the following minimum qualifications:
- University degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Strong computer literacy, especially Microsoft word (word, excel, power point) event management technologies & customer relationship software.
- Effective time management, organizational & leadership skills.
- Ability to travel Pan Nigeria.
- Experience in event management or related fields
- Excellent organizational planning & project management skills.
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Solid business acumen, management & problem solving skills
The compensation attached to this position is very attractive and competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their handwritten applications with CV/credentials to:
The Executive Director,
Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc,
247 Moshood Abiola Way, Ijora,
P. O. Box 134, Apapa,
Application Deadline 5th June, 2013