Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job career at IITA Nigeria 2013
Background:The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Ref: HTD/MEO/04/13)
a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org/for more information on IITA.
- Support the Chief Officer Management with leading the Humidtropics M&E activities.
- Assist in the development of a Monitoring & Evaluation framework for Humidtropics. A key aspect of this M&E framework should be gender sensitivity/mainstreaming.
- Support Humidtropics Management in the implementation of results-based performance management.
- Support the Humidtropics M&E activities in all locations.
- Collaborate with the M&E staff from Partner organizations.
- Provide management with business intelligence for strategic decision making.
- Maintain all necessary Humidtropics on-site and online M&E related databases and repositories.
- Undertake internal and external evaluation missions, as may be required.
- Perform any other M&E activities as may be assigned by the Executive Office managers.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in implementing M&E frameworks and results-based performance management.
- Proven sensitivity to cross-cultural and gender issues and ability to work with multi- disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language are required with proficiency in other international languages viewed as a strong asset.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and time management skills.
- Commitment to gender equity and diversity.