Lead Cost Controller / Estimator job career at WorleyParsons Nigeria 2013
WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd.
Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd.
Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
WorleyParsons extensive experience ensures that we provide project solutions with the lowest total lifecycle cost while meeting each customer’s specific requirements.
Our services go beyond new developments, to supporting operating assets through delivering brownfields projects which maintain asset integrity and improve business performance. By treating asset services as a specific business stream, WorleyParsons provides systems and work processes to deliver these projects effectively.
WorleyParsons is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title Lead Cost Controller / Estimator
Ref No: 21593
Advertising Category: Project Management/Delivery/Coordination
Location: Lagos, LA NG (Primary)
WorleyParsons are seeking a highly skilled Cost Controller/Estimator to work on an exciting new project. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in one of the World’s largest offshore projects. The engineering team will be based in Nigeria on a rotational assignment for up to 24 months.
Develop, coordinate and manage procedures to ensure the efficient cost control of the Projects, including the recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of all financial matters.
- Overseas experience (essential)
- Lump sum experience
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan / prioritise all areas of responsibility such as: Budgets; Time management; Resources – training and succession planning.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in cost control and estimating activities.
- Experience in audit activities.
- Knowledge and experience of Engineering design on offshore, topsides and/or FPSO projects
- Proven experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry.
- Proven experience within Cost Control and Estimating
- Engineering qualification(s) or equivalent experience in engineering / construction preferable.
- Proven computer literacy skills with experience in cost and project control computer applications
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with others; (verbally, in written communications and in presentations / meetings).
- Liaise with Worley Corporate and Client accounting groups to establish a project cost control and reporting methodology
- Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements
- Implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters
- Prepare and control Inter Entity Work Orders
- Ensure through quality practices that work is completed accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
- Utilise Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
- Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximise cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
- Develop and maintain a professional, highly skilled Cost Control team through leadership, resources, technical and system support, training and innovation.
- Provide advice and guidance to other personnel as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other personnel.
- Provide guidance and support to Asset Cost Controllers and Project Cost Controllers in fulfilling their cost control responsibilities.
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyse project costs
- Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices. Ensure payment of invoices according to EPCM contract terms
- Preparation of project invoices in conjunction with the Accounts Department
- Liaise with Client for reporting purposes
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
- Maintain a high level of communication / interface with other cost and project control personnel within
- Monitor cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
- Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to Project Engineers and Management.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Chartered Accountant or CPA, or Engineering Degree or relevant years experience
- Demonstrated relevant industry estimating experience, ideally gained within the oil and gas industry Knowledge of project management systems interfaces, i.e. Planning Tool (P3/ P3e with In Control, SAP, and any other systems, Via SQL) capable of controlling and monitoring project progress and expectations .
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE management in a project environment High level organisational and planning skills
- High written and verbal communications skills
- A high level of customer focus
Intersted and Qualiified Candidates Should
Click Here To Apply