OPEC Recruits IT Development Coordinator Nigeria 2013
OPEC, recruits IT Development Coordinator, whose objective is to supervises the IT Development Group and its Staff, delegates and coordinates tasks, and ensures effective teamwork. Further, he/she ensures reliability and availability of the OPEC Database, the OPEC Intranet and related applications.
Deadline: 26 April 2013 – Job Code: 3.3.01
Within the Research Division, the Data Services Department collects, retrieves and provides statistical data as support to the research and analytical studies in the other RD Departments and other activities of the Secretariat. The Department also develops up-to-date IT applications and database systems, and provides specialized relevant documents and references. The Department thus has the responsibility of a central, timely provider of reliable up-to-date data, documentation and information pertaining to oil markets in particular and energy markets and related issues in general, as well as rendering IT development services.
1. Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the activities of the IT Development Group.
2. Carries out system analysis and feasibility studies for new applications.
3. Determines system specification and provides outlines for system design.
4. Develops standard procedures for implementation of new systems and provides guidelines for system development and standard system development procedures.
5. Develops new applications and provides reviews on related technology.
6. Provides reviews and analysis on various subjects and carries out other assignments as required.
7. Provides user support.
8. Administers and provides software packages, licenses, and subscriptions of data publications.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
University degree (advanced degree preferred) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other subjects related to Information Technology
A minimum of 10 years (8 years in case of an advanced degree)
System Analysis and Design, Relational Database, System Thinking, Feasibility Studies/ Information Architecture/ Document and Records Management Systems/ Web Content Management (CMS) Systems/ Web Technologies/ Oracle RDBMS/ Modelling/ Energy & Oil Statistics/ Energy Information System/ Familiarity with a variety of software packages
Competencies: Managerial & leadership skills, communication skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, team-building skills, initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade E reporting to the Head of Data Services Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC.