APM Terminals – Lagos Jobs Vacancy : Environmental and Quality Control Specialist 2013
APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
We are recruiting for the for the position of:
Job Title: Environmental and Quality Control Specialist
- Develop and maintain and perform the compliance review of dangerous goods policy, Material Safety and Data Sheet (MSDS) program, industrial waste management program, recycling program, spill prevention program, facility inspection program, and other requirements to meet regulatory standards.
- Establish and maintain environmental sustainability requirements using statistical process control methods and management information systems to analyze data, current standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and to evaluate policy effectiveness.
- Perform field work as required including facility and terminal audits and inspections and lead or assist in investigations including environmental complaint and follow-up.
- Investigate complaints, perform inspections, and audit work of outside contractors to ensure they maintain environmental compliance to meet regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain action plans that are generated against incident investigations, audits and inspections and ensure completion of corrective actions within agreed timelines.
- Identify, create and/or coordinate training programs needed by the terminal to comply with environmental regulations.
- Participate in local or global environmental initiative projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal departments such as Operations and Technical Department to audit, inspect, gather data, track and report environmental compliance requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with external stake holders such as contractors, Nigerian Ports Authority, Customs and other regulatory affairs through preparing for external audits/inspections, ensuring compliance from external companies operating within terminal boundaries, communicating relevant environmental information to external parties and provide coordination with regulatory agencies in regard to hazardous materials handling.
- Develop requirements according to ISO 14001 certification standards.
- Keep informed of current and proposed regulations related to assigned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or biological science
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- 5 years experience in a field related to health, safety and environmental management including a working knowledge of hazardous materials handling including hazardous wastes, Dangerous Goods, and other hazardous/biological pollutants.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a heavy equipment industry
- Background in Health, Safety and Environment will be an added advantage.
- IMDG Certification
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings and weekend days.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Country drop down, select Africa-Nigeria, then click Environmental and Quality Control Specialist