Import / Export Specialist job career at Adexen Nigeria 2013
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading multinational oilfield servicing company to recruit an Import/Export Specialist for its operations in Nigeria
The Import/Export specialist will be responsible to provide import/export process efficiency in his / her assigned country and to ensure the customs status of all goods and assets are in full compliance at all times. He / She will also be in charge of all customs compliance matters for his / her country logistics coordinator.
He / she will report to the country logistics coordinator Manager and to the Import / Export Manager.
The position is based in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Analyse import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or localy defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary
- Responsible to analyse customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where nessasary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Accountable for performance factors related to shipping guidelines in the country
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performances are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance stated
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country
- Attend local import and export training programs with local authorities focusing to improve knowledge.
- Capture and report red money
Qualifications et experience
- B.Sc / HND in logistics or any other related course
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the oil & gas sector
- Must have good relationship with customs authority
- Experience of contract management
- Must possess excellent knowledge of local import & export processes and regulations
- Have excellent communication & negotiation skills at all levels and demonstrate a high level of initiative
- Honest and hardworking
- High proficiency in MS Office applications
- Team oriented and outgoing
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.