Biotech Engineers jobs career at The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) 2013
Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory
Biotech Engineers for possible deployment to any of our program offices: Benin Region, Jos Region, Benue State office, Ekiti&Ondo States, Lagos Region..
- Installation of laboratory equipment within the region.
- Carry out repairs and planned preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Develop SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for equipment in conjunction with the QA unit and other units under the department.
- Liaise with regional laboratory officers on equipment functions, breakdowns and support for Action Plus up, AIC and all program areas.
- Supports the departmental training unit on equipment training for site lab staff.
- Cary out scheduled equipment and apparatus validations and calibrations.
- Liaise with third party supply & service companies on equipment support services.
- Provide monthly reports to the HOD for activity and progress monitoring.
- Keep comprehensive record of all equipment and maintenance history.
- Respond promptly for equipment faulty report.
- Contact our service providers promptly during fault reports.
- Work harmoniously with all IHVN staff.
- Any duty as may be directed by the Directors in the department.
- B.Sc./HND Electrical electronics, Physics Electronics or BMLS Medical Laboratory Sciences with bias in instrumentation.
- Basic Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation skills.
- Basic Medical laboratory Science skill/instrumentation.
- Basic computer application and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment and automation.
Opening Date: 12th March, 2013
Closing Date: 26th March, 2013
Method of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.