Massive jobs Recruitment at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMTL) Nigeria 2013 – 26 Positions
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited (NMTL) is the leading manufacturer of machine tools machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa.
Nigerian Machine Tools Limited seeks to engage purpose driven and result oriented persons to fill the below vacant position and facilitate the Successful repositioning and expansion process in our Oshogbo plant
- Candidates will be responsible for preparation of materials budget, inventory control, identify the fast, slow and nonmoving items and liaise with procurement department for prompt procurement and delivery of materials.
- Manage Material stocks required fer different projects
- Analysis Of projects material consumption VS planned.
- Follow up the material delivery schedules.
- Develop new uses for known materials
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering with 5 years experience in similar capacity in Iron Steel or related Industry.
- Candidate must have adequate knowledge of Auto CAD as well as ERP system in executing material planning task and able to understand bills of materials, material profiles as well as grades to perform the material planning.
Job Title: Final Inspection Engineer (M/Shop & Surface Treatment)
- To facilitate scheduled despatches as well as contribute to reduction in customer return and complaints.
- Inspect finished machine parts and other products to ensure compliance with purchase order, engineering drawings, work instructions and other company’s 26established specifications
- Identify, communicate and report items of non- conformances
- Daily complete and ensure integrity of inspection results and documentation.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 year experience of In process, Sample Inspection & Layout Inspection, process monitoring & Control machine shop from ISO 9001:2008 Certified Similar — Stud bolt & nut manufacturing or Engineering industry.
- Exposure to Thread Rolling Machine, Coating Processes (Powder Coating, PTFE, Xylon, Teflon. Moly,etc) Heat Treatment CNC,VMC Machining knowledge, maintaining system records documentation and related process of any of the following:
- 5S, KAIZEN. POKAVOKE, CAPA, 7QC TOOLS, PFMEA, Control Plan, SPC. MSA, PPAP will be preferred.
Job Title: Legal / Regulatory Compliance Officers
- Provide assistance with litigation management and administration
- Prepare legal reports, filings, briefings, instruments and correspondence as well summarize legal documents for review and approval
- Review documentation and other materials to assist with policy development and revisions, attend meetings, provide recommendations and assist with implementation
- Research development in compliance, Iaws/regulations and best practices relating to legal compliance and recommend revisions to policy or practice.
- Perform detailed research on legal matters and bring up recommendation for improved performance
- Bachelor Degree in law or related discipline with 5 years hands on experience as head legal /regulatory compliance in a large manufacturing concern.
- Admission into Bar and ability to think outside the box as well as demonstrating commercial application of legal knowledge is necessary.
- Candidate with higher qualification and membership of relevant p ofessional bodies will have edge
Job Title: Production Planning Supervisor
- Candidates will be responsible for Production Planning and Control
- Determine the most practical and economical ways of executing jobs.
- Manage and coordinate all the activities relating to vendor development
- New product development through research into engineering trends
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related qualification with at least 7 years cognate experience in Production Planning within Manufacturing Environment.
- Higher qualification and membership of relevant professional bodies will he an added advantage.
Job Title: Final Inspection Engineer (Foundry)
- Facilitate scheduled despatches as well as contribute to reduction in customer return and complaints
- Inspect finished foundry products to ensure compliance with purchase order, engineering drawings, work instructions an other company s established specifications
- Identify, communicate and report items of non conformities
- Daily complete and ensure integrity of inspection results and documentation
- Bachelor Degree in Metallurgical Engineering with 5 years experience of Final inspection PDIR, Dock Audit from ISO 90012008 Certified engineering tam or similar industry.
- Exposure to In process & Sample Inspection & Layout Inspection, process monitoring & Control maintaining system records documentation and related process of any of the following: 5S. KAIZEN. POKAYOKE, CAPA, and 7QC TOOLS will be preferred.
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician (Tools Department)
Candidates will be responsible for tools requirement, storing, issuing resharpening anti reconditioning as well as recalibration of measuring instruments and gauges.
- Bachelor Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years experience in Tooling Design and development.
Job Title: Job Inspectors
- Carry out inspection of all in-process jobs, in-coming materials, component parts and installed machines in line with established standards of the organisation.
- Perform routine to complex technical engineering inspection of all company’s engineering production lines to ensure compliance with lay down standards.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years experience as certified product inspectors within auto industry.
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Technical Service
- Assist the manager in facilitating processes towards provision of technical direction for the development design and systems integration from definition phase through implementation.
- Assist Manager in developing information database on industry trends and developments towards improved products quality and services
- Help the manager in tracking and identifying new opportunities to improve our methodologies and training offoiing
- Compliment manager’s effort in making recommendations on the purchase of machinery, tools and equipment for the service functions of the plant.
- BSc/HND Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines with minimum of 7 years hands on experience in Production Process
- Higher Qualification and Membei ship of relevant professional body will be an added advantage
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- Assist the company in establishing and expanding business opportunity by providing information on local market, international market, establish contacts, business tool and funding opportunities
- Undertake direct industry research and economic market analysis to determine economic development as well as provide recommendations on new products and business opportunities
- Help create business development industry database -Develop opportunity for seminars and presentation by Nigeria Machine tools
- Prepare and maintain information requested by potential investors
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management or related disciplines with 5 years of progressive experience in directly related area and proven ability to establish, prioritize and accomplish goals.
- Strong attention to detail and proven written and presentation skills is a must
Job Title: Internal Auditors/ Control Head
- Establish and maintain a system a system of internal control and program of internal control review
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department audits, to endure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct risk assessment and develop annual internal audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priority and resource Requirements for the year -Identify allocate, and perform tasks, coordinate / monitor work, control audit/assignment resources, consolidate results and other project duties
- Meet with Directors and Managers to discuss needs and propose audits to build stakeholder requirement into departmental plans
- Ensure qualify central of team’s audit plans on an ongoing basis by reviewing and approving plans ax they are developed and communicated
- Prepare risk based audit reviews and make presentation of audited operations results to management
- Provide assistance to business in meeting regulatory compliance and keep abreast
- Keep abreast of developments in corporate governance practices and advise the business accordingly
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline with 10 years hands on experience in similar capacity within audit / control department of large conglomerate and manufacturing plant.
- Membership of relevant professional body is a must.
- Attention to details and ability to evaluate different alternative to recommend the one that best meets business and professional needs of the situation without regards for personal biases is necessary
Job Title: Personal Assistant To General Manager (GM)
Ref: NMT/U/P AGM
- Provide executive support to GM on all administrative duties including diary management
- Maintain and update accurate records using electronic diary, mail and computer database
- Organize appointments, meeting and conferences which may include collating meeting papers, coordinating venues and arranging travelling itinerary Facilitate, attend, support all committee meetings
- Screen all calls mails and organize the GM’s agenda Help the GM in organizing weekly departmental and monthly Management meeting
- Assist the GM n preparing monthly financial report
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Management, HND in Office Management or related discipline with 7 veers hands on experience in similar capacity.
- Higher qualification and membership or relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Candidate must have advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other window application skills Must have strong oral, written communication, excellent listening skills as well as excellent grammar, spelling and attention to details
Job Title: Metallurgist
- Candidates will be responsible for development and management of nietallographic laboratory to ensure customers Requirements are met and that testing is carried out in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Ensure heat treatment is carried out in an efficient and controlled manner
- Provide metallurgical and technical supports to all other department and external clients alike.
- Design metallurgical laboratory function procedures and ensure compliance
- Develop ways to improve metals by making them stronger or more adaptable
- BSc / BTech Metallurgy & Material Sciences with 10 years hands experience as metallurgist. Higher qualification and membership of relevant professional bodies will bean added advantage.
- Candidate must be conversant with in chemical, in physical and in process metallurgy.
Job Title: Legal / Regulatory Compliance Head
- Manage all corporate litigations and legal risk across the group
- Draft review and negotiate commercial agreements and all legal documents
- Provide legal advisory services to the various business units across the group
- Provide strategic corporate counsel and efficient resolution of all legal issues
- Monitor compliance and licensing and company secretarial Requirements of the group
- Liaise with Regulators as well as internal business divisions to ensure sound understanding of compliance Requirements, governance issues and advise management of emerging compliance issues thus guiding the group in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks
- Bachelor Degree in law or related discipline with 10 years hands on experience as head legal/regulatory compliance in a large manufacturing concern.
- Admission into Bar, comprehensive familiarity and knowledge of legal and business requirement is a must.
- Ability to think outside the box and demonstrate commercial application of legal knowledge is necessary.
- Candidate with higher qualification and membership of relevant professional bodies will have edge
Job Title: Electronic Engineer
- Successful candidate will be responsible performing engineering functions involving installation, preventive and breakdown maintenance of CNC machine tools, electronic equipments in the workshops.
- Trouble shoot on PLC piograms and electronic cards on machines and communication gadgets
- Plan spare parts for electrical / electronic systems for the machines it the workshops.
- Implementing all statutory, safety regulations on electronic gadgets / systems.
- Plan periodic scheduled maintenance for all machines with electronic systems. Maintaining proper maintenance records for all electronic machines and equipment.
- Advice Management on acquisition of new technologies related to electronics tents on machinery and equipment
- BSc/HND Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years hands on experience in similar position within a manufacturing concern
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- To carryout analysis on chemical, metal, sand and other spectrometric and micro graphic analyses.
- Evaluate raw material troubleshoot, sample and test products to determine chemical component and compatibility with quality standards
- Assist with final product batch and analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 5 year cognate experience in a manufacturing concern.
- Candidate must be proficient in destructive test methods, hardness testing, metallographic testing, micrometers, and microscopes as well as have computer proficiency.
Job Title: Project management Officers
- Carry out project management activities train development to implementation under the supervision of project manager
- Coordinate project stakeholders on an on-going basis, providing updates and involvement
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools
- Proactively manage change in project scope, identify potential project crises and devises contingency plans
- Effectively apply project management methodologies and enforce project standards
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Bachelor Degree in Business studies with 5 year experience in project management and process knowledge in various related areas.
- Must have strong practical working knowledge of project management and excellent understanding of Microsoft Office tools.
- Candidate must have good analytical, interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to use MS Office Products Project Management Software Application is a must
Job Title: Machine Shop Supervisor
- Responsible for oversight function of the performance of other machinist
- Coordinate the hiring, training and organizing of shop floor workers as well as make sure that workers perform as a unit and understand nittygritty of the shop
- Keep records, lists and order for parts needed on the shop floor Review blue prints and assess the work to be completed on the shop floor
- Ensure Process improvement for productivity enhancement
- Maintain inventory of CNC tools as well as expedite, reconcile and schedule inhouse and outside service for machine toll fixture
- Maintain shop floor discipline and safe work environment in the department
- BSc/ BTech/HND Mechanical Engineering with 7 years hands on experience or OND Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines with 10 hands on experience
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must skilled in using break presses, air gauges and other equipments and tools in the shop.
- Must be able to make repairs of everyday equipment that may need to be adjusted on the job.
Job Title: Machine Shop Engineer
Ref: Production NMT/F/MSE
- Responsible for manufacturing of products and components of machines and general administration of boring, milling, drilling and grinding sections of machine shops.
- Responsible for production planning, job scheduling, machine loading with optimum batch sizes in the machine shop.
- Process improvement for productivity enhancement
- BSc/ BTech/HND Mechanical Engineering with 5 years hands on experience in Machine Shop Production and Management.
- Higher qualifications and membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have knowledge of ferrous and nonferrous component manufacturing in machine shop equipped with capstan Lathes, horizontal and vertical milling and drilling machines.
- Knowledge of CNC machine programming and operations is important
Job Title: Job Scheduler
- Candidate will be responsible for Creating and maintaining a master schedule that supports business forecast, including establishing leadtimes, lot sizes and safety stocks.
- Analyze demand Requirements to identify production and supply bottlenecks and recommend actions for resolution,
- Directs production planning to ensure on time availability of products to fill customer orders and on time shipments.
- Conduct capacity planning and provide input to manufacturing regarding anticipated machine or manpower capacity issues
- Coordinates with purchasing department changes and updated Requirements for purchased goods and materials.
- Coordinate with other departments to achieve Nigeria Machine Tools inventory goals, Evaluates and recommends actions to improve on time delivery performance to the customer.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Field with at least 5 years cognate industrial experience in production planning within a manufacturing environment.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will bean added advantage.
Job Title: Method / Process Engineer
- Candidates will be responsible for processing of manufacturing records establishment f time and cast estimation to determine production operation cost and monitor plant utilization and workers performance
- Assess availability of raw schedules and the operating crew to ensure total compliance to plant process
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years industry experience in production method / process audit and management
Job Title: Area Sales Technicians
- Responsible for attending to complaints from customer after delivery during and after warranty.
- Carry out installation and start up of machine on customer’s site
- Carry out preventive maintenance
- Diagnose, find solutions and carry out interventions -Make adjustment on machine according customers specifications
- Upgrade machine equipments and technology to improve performance
- Write post intervention reports
- Provide training to customers’ operation and maintenance staff
- OND Mechanical Engineering or City & Guilds of London related disciplines with 5 years hands on experience in Equipment and Production Plant Maintenance.
Job Title: Lead Design Engineer (Machine Tools & Fabrication)
Ref: DESIGN NMT/D/LDE/MTF
- Candidates will be responsible for Developing manufacturing plan, initial tooling Requirements and cost, capability Requirements, control plans and assessments which facilitate the definitions and specifications of the change process
- Design and development of Mechanical systems including Machine Tools and Castings atsemblv and sub assembly metal guards using 3D/2D AutoCAD modelling and solid work software, Perform CNC programs for machines
- Prepare detailed fabrication drawing, assembly drawing and layout drawing for different production line fabrications following engineering standards
- Create 2D and 3D drawing and layout for new products Follow up design modifi cations updates and implementation all fabrications
- BSc or BTech Mechanical Ennineering or related diseinline with 7years hands on experience in 3D/2D Modelling Design
- Strong Machine Design baakgiound and Skills in solid work/Autodesk Inventor is compulsory
- Candidate must be proficient in desien calctiiatinn. nails and assembline drawines as well as Design troubleshooting
Job Title: Design Engineers
- Candidate will be responsible for developing manufacturing design plans for each product line
- Prepare manufacturing layouts and schematics for production team in collaboration with related engineering design teams
- Facilitate manufacturing cost reduction through improved processes, products and services design
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years hands on experience in 3D/2D Modelling Design.
- Strong Machine Design background and Skills in solid work/Autodesk Inventor is compulsory.
Job Title: Lead Design Engineer (Tractor & lmplements)
- Candidates will be responsible for the design of tractor. implements and spare parts.
- Collaborate with diverse engineering and scientific disciplines to specify, itocument and deliver cost effective, high quality tractor designs for local and international market.
- Design and develop agricultural and other implements as well as complex self propelled harvesting implements.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 7 years hands on experience in 3D/2D Modelling Design.
- Strong Machine Design background and Skills in solid work/Autodesk Inventor is compulsory.
Job Title: Final Inspection Engineer (Tractor Fabrication) Assembly & Fabrication
- Work cooperatively with other inspectors and manufacturing engineers to ensure reduction in field failure and warranty claims.
- Inspect finished parts, farm implements and fabricated products to ensure compliance with purchase order, engineering drawings, work instructions and other company’s established specifications
- Identify, communicate and report items of non- conformances
- Accurately generate the necessary quality documentation required by each custracer.
- Daily complete and ensure integrity of inspection results and documentation
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years experience in Final Inspection of Assembly line within OEM Industries mainly in Tractor Assembly, Exposure to all manufacturing processes, forging, casting, machining (Conventional, CNC, VMC, etc), rubber parts manufacturing, painting & powder coating, stud, bolt & nut manufacturing.
- Heat Treatment knowledge, system records documentation and related process of the following: 55, KAIZEN, POKAYOKE CAPA, 7OC TOOLS, PFMEA, Control Plan, SPC, MSA, PPAP will he preferred,
Job Title: Fitter/ Machinist
- Candidates will be responsible for operating machines to make parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planning, shaping, grinding and drilling metal or components.
- Study drawings and specifications to determine suitable materials, methods and sequence of operations as well as machine settings
- Fit fabricated metal part into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machine and equipments
- Check fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments.
- Cutting, threading, bending, and installing hydraulic, pneumatic pipes and lines
- HND Mechanical Engineering with 5 years hands on experience or OND Mechanical Engineering or City and Guilds of London with 10 hands on experience as fitter / machinist in similar plant is a necessary.
- Good hand —eye coordination and ability to work in a team & independently is a must.
- Attention to details is a necessity.
- Candidate must be able to troubleshoot on causes of operating errors and correct it. Must be able to perform routine maintenance of equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance needed,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward only comprehensive e-copy of job active CVs in Microsoft word format to: email@example.com, Indicating the position and reference number on the TOP RIGHT corner of the e-CV’s
Only shortlisted candidates Will be contacted
Application Deadline 26th March, 2013