Jobs Vacancies at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Nigeria 2013
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care
and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified applicants for the position below:
- Consultant for Review of Adherence Manual and Handbook
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, March13, 2013
Location: AbujaJob DescriptionSummary: The Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH), Civil Society for HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (CiSHAN) and Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) are seeking a consultant to review the adherence manual and handbook in collaboration with personnel in the above organizations. The manual will be used to train Adherence Supporters who will be providing adherence and psychosocial support to PLHIVs in health facilities and community levels in Nigeria. The consultant will work to ensure that reviewed manual/handbook is field tested in March/April 2013, reviewed and finalized accordingly before final production.Responsibilities:The consultant is to deliver the following:
Terms and Conditions
- Manual for training adherence supporters in provision of adherence and psychosocial support to PLHIV;
- Handbook for adherence supporters;
- Facilitate conduct of field testing of manuals/handbook in 6 geo-political zones in Nigeria;
- Facilitate Review of the Adherence Manual;
- Finalize the draft manual;
- Develop concise Users Guide from the reviewed manual;
- Develop guide line to field test the draft Users Guide;
- Finalize manual and handbook in accordance with field testing report and recommendations;
- Presentation of the draft Users Guide to stake holders;
- Finalize the User Guide;
The consultant will liaise with ARFH staff and will work with, and report to, Dr. Felix Iwuala, Manager Care & Support ARFHImportant: The Consultant shall keep confidential and shall not, without the written consent of the ARFH divulge to any other party documents, data, or other information of a confidential nature.We envisage a period of One month consultancy work and modalities of payment will be discussed upon shortlisting.Experience required: 5 to 10 years
Education degree: Masters DegreeField of education:
- An M.A. or M.S. degree in public health, social policy or related field Relevant Ph.D. degree is a plus;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of participatory methods, adult learning, and quality-training material development.
- Experience in training of trainers and training of different levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in working on protection issues with PLHIVs, with a specific expertise in provision of adherence care and support
- Previous work with PLHIVs case management is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge in:
- The use of a range of social research and evaluation methods and the types of evidence they produce;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, often working under deadline;
General Information: Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com before the deadlline of this advertisement. Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Internal Auditor
- The Internal Auditor undertakes a complete and continuous audit of the organization, and ensures all transactions, activities and operations comply with ARFH and Donor established financial management procedures.
- Conduct of checks to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures, relevant laws (local and international) and professional standards.
- Conduct of post-payment audit on bank/cash operations, retirements and verifies payments to third parties.
- Conducts internal and external audit follow-up review.
- Participates in special audits, and loss and fraud investigations.
- Follow through on proper, complete and timely retirements of advances. Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash.
- Identifies potential risk areas and internal control flaws in the course of audit and submit timely reports and implementable recommendations on audits carried out.
Applicants must possess a Bachelors degree in accounting or social sciences; be a member of anyrecognized chartered accounting institute (ACA or ACCA). Minimum of 6 years post NYSC experience in a reputable audit firm or international development organization. Ability to use Quick Books accounting software is desirable. Applicants must be highly numeric, fluent in spoken and written English language, work independently and pay close attention to details. Excellent planning and prioritization skills and strong analytical/problem solving skills with proven interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. An MBA is an added advantage.Remuneration package: Very attractive.General Information: Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job. To firstname.lastname@example.org within two week of this advertisement. Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.