Pharmacy Program Officer jobs career at the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria(IHVN) Nigeria 2013
Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory.
- Filling of prescriptions and counseling of patients on the use of drugs, especially antiretroviral drugs;
- Developing weekly report on drug utilization
- Recording of reported cases of drug interactions and side effects
- Maintenance of cold chain for thermolabile drugs
- Inventory management including monitoring of drugs’ shelf life, disposal of expired drugs and reception of drug deliveries
- Ensure good pharmacy practice and proper data management at facility.
- Ensure patients are appropriately counseled on the administration of antiretroviral drugs.
- Monitors adherence and miss refills
- Monitors and educates on Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) of Antiretroviral drugs
- Monitor regimen switch liaising with the clinicians
- Collate and analyze patient by regimen from drug monthly consumption data and develop trends
- Develop drug orders for restocking of pharmacy.
- Match drug order requests with drug receipt to ensure drug suppliers supply what was requested
- Verify drug delivery in the stores and make the necessary documentations
- BPharm, Additional qualification will be an advantage
- At least 1 year experience in Pharmacy HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria program
- At least 2 year of post-NYSC experience in Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Industry, Pharmacy Logistics
- Experience in pharmacovigilance will be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Opening Date: 08th March, 2013
Closing Date: 22nd March, 2013