STANDARD CHARTERED BANK LATEST Jobs VACANCIES Nigeria 2013
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF NEW BUSINESS NIGERIA
JOB ID: 371614
JOB FUNCTION: Consumer Banking
LOCATION: Nigeria – SCB
Develop and drive sales strategies and models to deliver superior performance in New Business for Consumer Bank Nigeria (employed and self employed sectors) in order to ensure economic profit performance goals are delivered.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall accountability for New business in the Nigeria Team to establish priorities and ensure effective performance delivery for CB
- Development of New Business growth in the Employed and Self employed sectors for Consumer Bank Nigeria.
- Establish and address agenda of top issues /opportunities to improve performance and growth ensuring a robust sales/performance management system for optimal productivity & efficiency.
- New Business model enhancement and development, ensuring that the correct sales models are in operation and targeting correct segments in order to achieve CB Nigeria priorities and targets.
- Develop, rollout, maintain and where applicable, recommend procedures and controls that meet/strengthen the requirements of Group policy, Group standards and local law and regulation.
- Responsible for managing opportunity and risk associated with the New Business channel across Nigeria.
- Develop sales strategies for specific product channels, customer segment and geographic segments
- Build management team capability to drive sales channels.
- Drive, motivate and inspire Sales Managers to achieve their planned sales activities and targets.
- Create framework and draw up strategies for managing performance delivery across all sales channels (Contract workers, Independent sales agents, telesales).
- Ensure adequate controls and standardisation of payment of incentive/commission.
- Work collaboratively to resolve issues across business/functions in ways that maximize performance for CB overall
- Ensure training standards laid down at group and regional level including those relating to compliance are met
- Ensure customer service quality and complaints are handled promptly and efficiently to satisfaction of customers. At the same time ensure that the process of monitoring the above is clearly defined.
- Build adequate processes in sales function and structure to prevent mis-selling, misrepresentation, fraud and adhering to customer protection principles.
- HR policies continued to be reviewed and followed by staff.
- Ensure that effective arrangements are in place within job-holder’s area of business responsibility for the prevention of money laundering in line with Group policy and standards, local legal and regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor degree holder and above.
- Large team management experience
- Minimum 5 year experience in leadership/managerial role in Sales area with proven abilities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and operational skills.
- Ability to manage result deliverables within strict time and resource constraints.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills with an ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Judgment is required to ensure that the right systems and procedures are selected, and resources are allocated effectively.
- Experienced in leading and driving change.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria – SCB and click Search, – See more at: