VAF Disposals Officer jobs career at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria 2013
We are recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: VAF Disposals Officer
To ensure all repossessed assets are appropriately recorded in the stock register and the safe custody of such goods is reconciled on a weekly basis with the stock register and that all saleable assets are clean and where applicable, repaired in terms of authority granted; effectively maintain all administrative duties relating to secured assets and the subsequent sale thereof.
- Provide and submit comprehensive reports on all recommended repairs to be carried out once authority to sell is received.
- Ensure the timely valuation on all assets in custody.
- Maintenance of repossession files.
- Despatch relevant advices to customers i.e. Intention to Sell.
- Advertise and market sale in conjunction with Team Leader and Manager. (In-house Disposal process)
- Update system regarding actions taken on accounts and/or progress reports.
- Maintain adequate dairy system and follow-up on diarised events.
- All other credit control duties that may be required from time to time.
- Arrange for stock to be delivered to Auctioneer and attend Auctions in collaboration with relevant service providers.
- Ensure that file documentation is complete before shortfall is written off.
- Risk Control
- Conduct monthly stock taking exercise.
- Assist with the repossession of assets to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory and operational compliance matters.
- Record all repossessed items in asset register and maintain all subsequent entries relating to stock movement, releases, valuations, arrangements, costs incurred and resale detail.
- Ensure that sale proceeds are applied correctly.
- Ensure that all releases are appropriately handled and the necessary documentation prior to the release being affected, as well as the necessary stock movement recorded.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Sound Vehicle and Asset Finance Product knowledge would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of applicable Legislation.
- Good knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Two years experience in Credit Recoveries environment.
- Knowledge of collection procedures.
- Minimum of a Bsc Degree
- Communications skills
- Conflict management
- Be able to work independent.
- Team player.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online