US Embassy Nigeria jobs Recruits Chauffeur – Lagos Nigeria 2013
The U.S. Consulate General Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the below positions in the Regional Security Office.
Job Title: Chauffeur
Job No. 2013 – 014
Job Grade: FSN – 03
Work Hours: Full – Time; 48 hours/week
- This position is responsible for maintaining the Marine Detachment vehicle(s) records on a daily basis and ensuring the vehicle is kept in a high state of operational readiness.
- Additionally, this position is responsible for driving the members of the Marine detachment and any designated officials. This position is also responsible for personal transportation of the members of the detachment during official and unofficial functions.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to remain under the oper ational and administrative control of the Regional Security Officer and the Detachment Commander.
- All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
- Completion of a high School is required.
- Three years previous experience as a chauffeur is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English and any widely spoken local language is required.
- Candidate must possess valid driver’s license (Nigerian class E).
- Must have a good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other Nigeria cities and neighboring countries.
- Must possess and display skills required to drive an armored van
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members ( USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: OR – Ordinary Resident – N1, 519,326.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM / EFM – US$24,156 Starting basic s alary p.a. Grade: F P – AA
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as an DS-174; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their FormDD -214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type – written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office Abuja
Plot 1075 Dip. Drive Central District, Abuja
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov