Jobs in Calabar from Davies Offiong Consultants Nigeria 2013
A fast growing company in the cement manufacture sector of the economy requires:
- HEAD OF PROCUREMENT
- Report to Supply Chain Director and is the head of procurement
- Provide a contract and negotiation platform that allows for proactive rationalization of contractual spend in order to guarantee that we continue to buy contractual services at optimal
- Develop a forthright supplier relationship management focused at forward looking gy that is sustainable and delivers on bottom line, as well as influence the organization’s Service & Indirect Materials spends
- Provide appropriate segregation of duty between the strategic procurement activity and operational procurement activities
- Implement seamless competitive bidding processes are in place in order to ensure delivery of procurement activity at optimal prices and right quality.
- Develop preferred vendors list for sundry and indirect materials across the business unit and create a forward looking periodic review of such list.
- Partnering relationship and establish service level agreement across the spend categories
- Mentor and develop the procurement team and established a workable career succession plan for the team.
- BSC in related discipline. A higher or Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management or Purchasing / Procurement
- Membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Strong understanding of Procurement and import activities
- Practical experience in planning and managing activities flawlessly
- Solid commercial acumen with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills and internal customer relationship management orientation.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical, financial analysis, planning and organizing capability
- Leadership ability to build relationships and command respect across multiple functions,
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation, presentation and time management skills
- Good focus on cost management and minimization and proven ability to generate results
- Strong subject-matter expertise in Supply Chain Management, company law, contract law
- Sourcing and procurement standards.
- Age between 30 45 years
- At least 10 years in procurement and/or operation function of which 5 years post graduate work experience in senior sourcing with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send detailed C.V. and application in own handwriting with copies of credentials/GSM Number, to:
The Managing Partner
Davis, Offiong Consultants,
2, Eyo Eta Street,
P.O. Box 2641, Calabar
Or To: firstname.lastname@example.org