Jobs for a Librarian in Kogi State University, Anyigba 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of University Librarian in Kogi State University, Anyigba.
Job Title: Librarian
The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all library services in the University, its faculties, colleges, schools institutes and other teaching and research units. As an academic unit, the successful candidate will be expected to give both administrative and academic leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate who must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) of which must be in tertiary institutions, including Universities. A doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
- He/She must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals.
- In addition, the candidate should have proficiency in management and administration capability to initiate research and be knowledgeable in the applications of computer on Library operations and services.
The University Librarian is the Chief Information Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-today management of the University Library system.The person to be appointed must be capable of planning, organizing and implementing an integrated University Library system within the context of a modern information science system. The University Librarian must have the capacity for mainstreaming information technology in the University Library system.
Emoluments and Benefits
A basic salary (CONTISS 15) with benefits which include subsidized hard furnished residential accommodation, 30 working days annual paid leave, official car and driver, pension scheme, gardener, and such other benefits as approved by the University Council from time to time. The University is on the verge of commencing the contributory pension scheme
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to submit 30 (thirty) typewritten copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full name:
- Post desired and department:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth and State of Origin:
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O.Box or P.M.B.):
- Current Postal Address:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children with names and ages:
- Institutions attended (with dates):
- Academic Qualifications (with dates):
- Professional Qualifications (with dates) where applicable:
- List of Publications with details of Titles, Publishers or Journals, dates and pages.
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experience (with dates):
- Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer:
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields, who must be requested by the applicant, to forward directly to the Vice Chancellor, Kogi State University, Anyigba and marked “Confidential: for the attention of the Vice Chancellor” at the top left hand corner of the letter and envelope.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 1008, Anyigba
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward reference reports on them direct to the Vice Chancellor, Kogi State University, Anyigba, to be marked “Confidential: for the attention of the Vice Chancellor”
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2013