Oando Nigeria Plc Career Opening for a Senior Security Supervisor 2013
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange with shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism
(TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market
Oando Plc is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Senior Security Supervisor
Job Code: SSS/FT//22071
Functional Areas: EHSSQ
Reports To: Corporate Security Manager
The Security Supervisor reports to the Corporate Security Manager and is responsible for the implementation of approved company policies and plans on all Oando sites and locations within his/her area of responsibility, evaluating risks and threats therein and ensuring that the appropriate actions are taken to mitigate the risks.
- Supervise regional security supervisors
- Ensure smooth security operations and administration of all facilities
- Render daily security reports to the Corporate Security Manager.
- Evaluate and report threats assessments on all security issues and activities and activities to the Corporate Security Manager.
- Ensure correct implementation of all approved company security policies, plans, procedures and measures.
- Provide expert advice for ongoing investigations.
- Arrange and conduct security training programs for Oando’s security personnel.
- Enforce proper handling controls for all confidential information.
- Implementation of all procedures and measures regarding the security of vessels and aircraft during operations.
- Conduct self-verification checks of security operations
- Monitor all company security processes for possible mismanagement, fraud and inefficiency
- Organise monthly meeting with security service providers and ensure they comply with the standard requirements
- Maintain operation and administrative contacts with Government security agencies.
- Co-ordinate, plan and supervise implementation of site security audits and assessment.
- Establish and maintain an effective intelligence and security reporting system.
- Collate and analyze received intelligence reports and propose solutions to the Corporate Security Manager.
- Ensure that all security operatives adhere to Oando’s safety regulation.
- Provide advice to operating unit to minimize risks exposure to incidents.
- Implement journey management measures including escorts rules and procedures and movement for expatriates and staff.
- Escalate security issues and requests for resources to the Corporate Security Manager.
- Monitor and track all groups that target the company or products in transit.
- Conduct site visits to access risk level of facilities and report to the Corporate Security Manager.
- Assist corporate security manager with security performance reviews and development of plans
- Assist corporate security manager with department budgeting and cost management.
- A good University degree
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position with a multinational upstream oil & gas company
- Certified Protection professional (CPP) from ASIS
- Effectiveness in managing risks and proactive in proffering solutions to any security threats to lives and property.
- Effectiveness in analyzing intelligence reports and usage.
- Improved control in security processes
Required Competencies & Skills
- Personal Leadership skills
- Time Management
- Relationship and team building
- Good interpersonal relations
- Problem Solving
- Decision making
- Good Presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of computers
- Able to function independently under pressure
- Incident investigation and reporting
How To Apply
Interested candidates should click the following link to apply:
Note: Applicants should first of all login into their account with Oando Career Portal before application, new users should click the following link to register http://www.oando-cvmanager.com/careers/signup
Application Deadline 25th February, 2013