Monitoring & Evaluation and Value for Money Coordinator Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria 2013
Save the Children Nigeria is a leading international organization in over eight states in Nigeria with a current staff complement of approximately 123 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 6.8
million each year. Our programme implementation is focused in the Northern States including Katsina, Kebbi, Zamfara where we have offices and in .Jigawa, Gombe, Yobe, Bauchi and Kaduna where we work with and through partners.
Save the Children is about to launch an exciting new project in two states in Northern Nigeria. The project aims to provide up to 60,000 vulnerable families with regular cash transfers to reduce poverty and improve their ability to buy nutritious food.
In order to contribute to this and strengthen the impact of our programme on children, we are looking for committed, effective and efficient candidates to fill five positions in our Child Development Programme (CDGP).
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation and Value for Money Coordinator
To assume a lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities. This will include a particular focus on monitoring and evaluating the project’s Value for Money (economy, efficiency, and effectiveness). The post will involve coordination with project management and state teams, and in line with DFID reporting requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
In order to be successful within this position, you will ideally have:
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- Comrnitmentto team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with social protection or cash transfer programmes
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- 5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/or economics. Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Experience of cost benefit analysis, economic appraisal or other value for money methodologies.
- Computer literate.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should kindly send C.V. and covering letter explaining why you are suitable to:
Nigeria.Recruitment@savethechildren.org; State position clearly in the subject field as applications. Without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 14th February 2013