International Social Protection Adviser Jobs in Abuja at Save the Children Nigeria 2013
Save the Children Nigeria is a leading international organization in over eight states in Nigeria with a current staff complement of approximately 123 staff and current expenditure of approximately GBP 6.8
million each year. Our programme implementation is focused in the Northern States including Katsina, Kebbi, Zamfara where we have offices and in .Jigawa, Gombe, Yobe, Bauchi and Kaduna where we work with and through partners.
Save the Children is about to launch an exciting new project in two states in Northern Nigeria. The project aims to provide up to 60,000 vulnerable families with regular cash transfers to reduce poverty and improve their ability to buy nutritious food.
In order to contribute to this and strengthen the impact of our programme on children, we are looking for committed, effective and efficient candidates to fill five positions in our Child Development Programme (CDGP).\
Job Title: International Social Protection Adviser – Abuja
Strategically lead and manage all technical aspects of the Child Development Grant Programme, accountable for ensuring that the programme is delivered to a high quality, evidence in the programme approach is built and a consistent approach to quality is taken across the consortium.
In order to be successful within this position, you will Ideally have:
- Post-graduate qualification in social science, international development, economics or related relevant discipline
- Prior experience of designing and delivering cash transfer programmes at scale
- Proven ability to work within or manage large consortiums with a minimum of 4 years experience managing multi-agency programmes
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money and DFID results agenda.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality,
- Ability to represent the cash transfer programme at a policy and strategic level as well as to engage with and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or regional level government structures.
- Substantial experience of working and living in Africa, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partners
How to Apply
Interested candidates should kindly send C.V. and covering letter explaining why you are suitable to:
Nigeria.Recruitment@savethechildren.org; State position clearly in the subject field as applications. Without appropriate subject will be disqualified
Application Deadline 14th February 2013