Finance/Accounting Jobs vacancy in Port Harcourt,Rivers State 2013
All activities are performed under an umbrella of internationally accredited quality management system and watchful eyes of industry professionals with a combined experience of over 100 years in the oil and gas industry. Strong financials and high business ethics have kept their doors open since 1995.
The company has decided to start the search for a Head of Accounts and the position will be based in Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Head of Accounts
- Manage and coordinate maintenance of payroll data and accounting records
- Responsible for developing and implementing sound accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the development and implementation of Company’s trading, treasury & risk management policies and procedures
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Ensure accurate recording and appropriate treatment of accounting data, including processing of Accounts Payable, Credit & Accounts Receivable, Assets, Inventory, etc
- Ensure the clarity, accuracy, integrity and the timely preparation of the Company’s financial records, systems and statements
- Plan and direct financial audits to ensure financial accountability and compliance with established standards
- Oversee the processing of Staff wages, emoluments, loans and advance
- Manage relationships with external Auditors to ensure successful annual audits
- Approve training programs for staff within units.
In respect of the ideal candidate profile:
- Responsible & reliable
- Ability to manage people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess good Leadership skills
- Must have good knowledge of International Finance
- B.SC in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- He should have strong experience in Taxation
- He should be based in Port Harcourt. Candidates willing to relocate are also welcome.
- ICAN or any equivalent qualification is a must
- 10-12 years work experience with at least 4 years in a managerial capacity.
- He should have strong experience in managing contracts
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to:
Application Deadline 8th February, 2013