Head of Accounts jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates Nigeria 2013
The company has decided to start the search for a Head of Accounts and the position will be based in Port Harcourt.
Job Title: Head of Accounts
- Manage and coordinate maintenance of payroll data and accounting records
- Responsible for developing and implementing sound accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the development and implementation of Company’s trading, treasury & risk management policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate recording and appropriate treatment of accounting data, including processing of Accounts Payable, Credit & Accounts Receivable, Assets, Inventory, etc
- Ensure the clarity, accuracy, integrity and the timely preparation of the Company’s financial records, systems and statements
- Plan and direct financial audits to ensure financial accountability and compliance with established standards
- Oversee the processing of Staff wages, emoluments, loans and advance
- Manage relationships with external Auditors to ensure successful annual audits
- Approve training programs for staff within units.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
In respect of the ideal candidate profile:
- Responsible & reliable
- Ability to manage people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess good Leadership skills
- Must have good knowledge of International Finance
- B.SC in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- ICAN or any equivalent qualification is a must
- 10-12 years work experience with at least 4 years in a managerial capacity.
- He should have strong experience in managing contracts
- He should have strong experience in Taxation
- He should be based in Port Harcourt. Candidates willing to relocate are also welcome.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2013
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: