Area Sales Manager jobs at Guinness Nigeria Plc Nigeria 2013
Over the last three years the Consumer Planning and Research team has been transformed within the Diageo business moving away from research orientation towards planning with focus on pro-activity, research to drive growth, and actionable consumer understanding and insights.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Reports To: Divisional Sales Manager
- Financial: Responsible for Area Field Sales Force Overhead budget and effective use of all Marketing spend used by sales force.
- Market Complexity: Area geographically based with total Sales force of about 9 employees, part of a Divisional Team with about 6 Area Sales Managers.
- Leadership Capabilities: Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance across Distributor and Guinness Nigeria staff, embodying the Diageo leadership capabilities.
Purpose of Role
The Area Sales Manager is accountable for achieving brilliant execution with customers through leading an Area Field Sales teams.
- Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for the Area via delivery of sales drivers for the Area.
- Ensure Retail Redistribution Scheme within the area is fully reviewed and managed.
- Coaching of Retail Development Managers to ensure effective delivery.
- Ensure maximum utilization of the Intouch tool to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures brilliant execution of customer marketing/marketing promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected, agencies are adhering to our standards.
Standard of Excellence/ Intouch Responsibilities
- Plan – Ensuring that all sales objectives are strategically aligned; support sales leaders where relevant with the process of defining, managing and cascading targets throughout the sales force.
- Execute – build the Structured Selling capabilities ensuring that Sales Representatives execute the 8 steps of the call with every customer; ensures all Sales Representatives use the Intouch PDA effectively.
- Measure – review Intouch information on sales representative performance vs targets at a minimum two times per week, act as a custodian of the Data in the system, actively ensuring that in market data guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Insight – use reports and data from the Intouch management suite in order to generate commercial insights and drive execution of these opportunities through the sales teams
- Inspire- act as a trainer and deliver the Managing Relationships programme as part of the yearly sales capability plan / induction process, ensure all development, coaching & feedback is embedded within the appraisal process
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate calibre with a minimum of 5 years experience gained across sales/consumer/customer marketing. Previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles is compulsory.
- Previous experience of coaching/leading others and getting results through teams
- Strong commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- Excellent Communication skills
- Role is based in a defined geographical area, with minimum of 80% Field work, some travel to Divisional Office essential.
- Role holder must be willing to work weekends and long nights
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2013
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Candidates Should
Click Here To Apply Online