US Embassy Nigeria jobs vacancy in Abuja 2013
Job Title: A/C Technician
Job No. 2012-008
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N1,393,184 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM, EFM/MOH – US$24,518 (Starting Salary) p.a.; Position Grade: FP-AA
Location: Abuja – Facilities Maintenance
- Incumbent performs skilled journeyman level refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic work, which includes the installation, maintenance and repair of electric powered refrigeration and air-conditioning equipments and systems.
- Equipment and systems may include, but are not limited to industrial and residential refrigerators and freezers, cold storage equipment, dehumidifiers, water coolers and air-conditioning systems.
All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Primary school is required.
- Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman mechanic skill is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year journeyman mechanic in air-condition experience is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Full journeyman mechanic knowledge in air-conditioning and refrigeration is required.
- Must be able to use all types of air-conditioning tools.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
- Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov