Offshore Power Technician jobs at Orion Group Nigeria 213
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Offshore Power Technician, based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Maintain close liaison with the Control Room and perform operational actions requested by the Control Room Technician
- Complete daily logs and carry out watch keeping in area of responsibility
- Carry out process plant isolations/de-isolations for safe handover to maintenance staff
- Carry out first-line maintenance in area of responsibility
- Endorse permits for work in area of responsibility ensuring no conflicts exist between operations and work to be undertaken
- Maintain a daily handover log of significant events in area of responsibility and give a verbal handover to the on-coming Technician at the end of each shift to ensure safe operation and continuity
- Complete a detailed trip handover document and give a verbal handover to the oncoming Technician at the end of each offshore trip
- Mentoring of lower grade operators
- Be fully familiar with HSE policies and ensure compliance with these
- Fulfil all Emergency Response duties, as required
- Be fully aware of the installation Safety Case
- Monitor and effectively control consumption of materials and consumables associated with production in area of responsibility
- Maintain a vigilant lookout for faults on installation safety systems and process plant to ensure issues are captured and rectified in the shortest possible timescale
- Maintain required knowledge of all field safety and environmental regulations and operating procedures and maintain competency in the skills required to carry out the assigned role safely and efficiently.
- The FPSOs have been designed with high intrinsic reliability (mostly electric-driven) machinery working relatively straightforward production processes. With little spare equipment, the challenge will be to raise the facility uptime to its design limits and keep it there
- Completing and proving competence using the Competence Assessment and Assurance Scheme will be as crucial as understanding the impact that maintenance has on personal risk, as defined in the Safety Case
- To learn and understand all activities and processes associated with FPSO operations to a level that enables him/her to exercise good operational skills in all disciplines
- To act as a member of the Operations Support Team in Emergency Response situations, which will inevitably occur
Skills & Experience
- HNC/ONC or equivalent in electrical or electrical biased multi-disciplinary engineering.
- Extensive experience in offshore oil and gas operations.
- Knowledge of failure investigation and root cause analysis.
- This post requires a self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Develop and manage alliances
- Electrical Rules
- Operate wells and facilities, (A71)
- Maintain wells and facilities (A72)
- Offshore safety procedures
- PTW system
- Emergency Response
- Safety Case
- EP specific business applications
- Information management
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 93900.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK’s number one for engineering recruitment.
- Consultant name: Iona MacDonald