Lagos State Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Advisor jobs at MEASURE Evaluation 2013
The below position is available in the Nigeria field office of the Project for occupation by eligible professionals:
Job Title: Lagos State Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Advisor ( Lagos SMETA)
- The main duties for this position include technical assistance, capacity building and knowledge management to government institutions and other stakeholders in the State that are involved in Health Information Systems/Monitoring and Evaluation of health interventions especially for HIV/AIDS.
- S(he) will work closely with other stakeholders in the State to implement in an effective manner, the Nigeria National Response Information Management System (NNRIMS) and integration of HIV/AIDS M&E system into the National Health Management Information System (NHMIS).
- This includes specific assistance to the State Agency for the Control of AIDS (SACA), State Ministry of Health (SMOH), State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (MWASD), Local Government Areas, implementing partners, donors, NGO5 and other stakeholders to build and/or strengthen monitoring and evaluation and Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- The occupant of this position in collaboration with the stakeholders at the state level will support the implementation of national level guidelines, protocols and tools as well as specific MEASURE Evaluation’s tools that support system strengthening.
- This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria (with about 35% travels within the State to LGA5 as well as Service Delivery Points). This position will be supervised by States Coordinator who is based in the Abuja Office of MEASURE Evaluation.
The SMETA will:
- Provide technical assistance and support to the state Ministry of Health and SACA in the development and implementation of M&E and HIS activities. For instance, the occupant of this position will provide technical assistance and support the development and implementation of State M&E plan and related M&E resources.
- Provide technical assistance to the State in data flow/management data collection, entry, analysis and management of its database. S(he) will also support relevant staff in the State to perform the State’s reporting obligations.
- Assist with coordination of State M&E technical working group as well as other technical meetings focusing on strengthening HIS/M&E systems.
- Support and provide technical assistance to the state level M&E personnel in the implementation of supportive supervision
- Data quality assurance
- Promotion of appropriate use of data for decision making
- Provide appropriate monitoring and evaluation support to other line ministries in the State such as Education and Women Affairs so as to meet the objectives of HMIS and NNRIMS.
- Provide technical assistance to State M&E personnel in the production and dissemination of periodic bulletins and annual statistical reports towards appropriate data use.
- Support the coordination of efforts toward computerized data systems for HIV/AIDS reporting using the DHIS instances and other electronic platforms. Where necessary, develop mechanisms and protocols for data sharing and interoperability.
- Provide technical assistance in the application of best practices and concepts in M&E using global tools such as the RDQA, Child Status Index, 12-Component M&E Assessment, etc., where applicable.
- Work with in-country and US-based members of the MEASURE Evaluation team in the preparation of MEASURE Evaluation annual workplans, budgets, quarterly and progress annual reports to the Mission and Headquarters.
- Perform other assigned functions relevant to MEASURE Evaluation work in Nigeria based on the emerging needs either from the Mission and government agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advance degree (MPH, MA, M.Sc., other) in public health or related fields and not less than 5-year experience in the M&E of HIV/AIDS and Health Programmes.
- Good knowledge of M&E of public health programmes and interventions in Nigeria such as
- HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family/reproductive maternal and child health or infectious disease control programs.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian Health Management Information System (NHMIS) and its sub
- systems such as NNRIMS and their implementation and operationalization at the sub- national levels.
- Knowledge of DHIS and the process for its deployment at sub-national levels.
- Interest and experience in the development of capacity strengthening, including training programs for M&E and HIS professionals;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation of trainings, meetings and workshop, with requisite presentation skills in Health Information system and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills required to work effectively and harmoniously among multi-disciplinary teams, consultants, other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with minimal supervision
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English
- Computer Literacy with experience in word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should their application and CV to:
MEASURE Evaluation Positions,
90, Nelson Mandela Street,
Asokoro Abuja, Nigeria.
And Copy your application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org