Pact Nigeria jobs Recruits Project Accountant Abuja Nigeria 2013
Pact Nigeria seeks for highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill position of:
Job Title: Project Accountant
The Accountant, reporting to the Director of Finance, Grants and Operations will ensure timely and accurate submission of Pact Nigeria monthly financial reports to Headquarters.
- The job holder will ensure timely reconciliation of vendor accounts, account receivables and liquidation of partner’s accounts.
- The job holder will ensure implementation of internal control and adherence to financial policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with donor/Pact policies and availability of funds.
- The job holder will review and reconcile payroll ensuring that payroll deductions are in line with the government legislation and salaries are computed in line with laid down policies;
- Prepare monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE taxes, Withholding Taxes, Pensions, National Housing Funds, etc.
- Perform additional assignments, as assigned by the Director of Finance, Grants and Operations.
- A minimum of HND/ BSc Degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA
- Must also have at least Five years of experience in the area of Finance and Administration with an international NGO.
- Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems and good knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Strong Knowledge of the OMB Circulars i.e. OMB 110, OMB 122 and OMB 133.
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel Skills and a working knowledge of Navision package.
- Managed accounting procedures for multiple donor or project accounts.
Salary attached to this position will be based on cognate experience.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to:
All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.