MTN Nigeria jobs Recruits Regulatory Affairs Manager Nigeria 2013
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Department: Corporate Services
- Advise and consult with the internal stakeholders on issues that relate to the legal and regulatory framework.
- Provide input into proposed regulatory/legislative policies taking into account internal stakeholders’ concerns; Supervisory & implementation of regulatory unit strategies
- Provide input and guidance into proposed regulatory policies/ legislation ensuring that MTN N’s interest is taken into account.
- Draft and manage interconnects agreements and prepare capacity leasing agreements with incumbent operators and new entrants.
- Influence the telecommunications sector competitive policies to attain a level playing field as well as monitor compliance with interconnect agreement and all interconnect related issues in the industry.
- Review prepared infrastructure sharing guidelines/ agreements and national and international roaming agreements.
- Research and identify new ways to generate revenue, as well as cost saving opportunities arising from competitive or regulatory developments.
- Monitor and update MTNN on developments; bills, new policies, within the legislative/ regulatory arena; and follow up with regulatory authorities on submissions and other regulatory issues.
- Manage relationship with Regulatory authorities and make presentations to key stakeholders such as Regulatory Agencies, National Assembly and other relevant fora. .
- Support management and advice MTN N on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
Standard working conditions
- LLB or other recognized law degree
- 8 years experience in a commercial legal environment, alternatively within a legal & regulatory control body
- Experience within the telecommunication environment is desirable
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online