fhi 360 jobs vacancy in Oyo Nigeria 2013
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of:
Contract Type: Fulltime
No. Reqd.: 1
The Database Officer, under the supervision of State Coordinator and the M&E directorate will be responsible for the day to day operations of data collection, data processing and sharing of aggregate data with all level of government health administration and NMCP.
- He/She will be responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of organizational databases and ensure data integrity at the state DPRS and the SMCP offices.
- Database officer will be in charge of storing, organizing, presenting, using and analyzing data using existing and any new database management software, including setting up new computer databases or integrating data from old systems to new systems.
- Knowledge of DHIS (1.4/2.0) and other routine and patient based health information System software.
- Regularly performs routine tests and modifications to ensure the database approach incorporates the following principles: (i) data remains consistent across the database; (ii) data is clearly defined; (iii) users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs; (iv) there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Ability to manage large data using MySQL/Postgre-SQL RDBMS and understand the concept of Software life cycle
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics / Computer Science or related discipline, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience or Masters degree with a minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS or Development related area and experience working with NGOs and CBOs required.
- A post-graduate degree in a related Medical Statistics and Epidemiology discipline is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Epi-Info, DHIS2, SPSS and any and RDBMS.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply Online