General Counsel jobs vacancy at A Newspaper Company Nigeria 2013
Job Title: General Counsel
The ideal candidate will provide overall legal responsibility to the company.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Examine for legal implications advertisements and other such materials/documents meant for publication
- Manage, relationships with external solicitors
- Provide internal legal advisory services
- Provision of a broad range of corporate professional services
- Give legal advice on agreements/memorandum of understanding/contracts etc
- Ensure compliance with various statutory requirements of the law and monitor changes in regulatory environment
- Provide services as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Good first degree in Law from a reputable institution
- An additional qualification in Mass Communication or higher degree such as LLM will be an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of proven post-call practice.
- Previous experience in a media organization will be an added advantage
- Must have extensive knowledge of law of libel
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ideal age should be between 30 – 45 years.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their curriculum vitae in a pdf format to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.