WTS Energy Cost Estimator jobs in Lagos Nigeria 2013
WTS Energy is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Cost Estimator
Job Ref: WTOA02257
- Analyse technical documents and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare weekly / monthly reports.
- Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Review material and labor requirements, to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Explain variances between estimate and actual costs and adjust estimating parameter accordingly
- Provide a rough estimate when work is identified for management to decide to proceed further or not
- B.Sc./B.Eng.(Building Science) with 5-10 years experience in an Engineering Organization in a similar design position.
- International standards, regulations
- Team work, Technical rigor, Communication, organization
- Experience with estimating and Project Management software such as MS project, Primavera
- Use of Pack Office / Language: fluent English (French an advantage).
Terms & Conditions Cost Estimator
- To report to Project Control Manager
- Work location based onshore with possible site visits offshore.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2013
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online