Contract Engineer jobs vacancy at ASC International Nigeria 2013
Our Client – ASC International is seeking to recruit qualified candidates for the below position:
Job Title: Contract Engineer
Reference Code: ASSR17164570
Description of the SERVICE:
- Contractual follow-up and administration of the EPC contracts for the tie in & modifications to existing facilities (EPCI5), in support to the EPC’s Contract Engineer and COMPANY Representatives.
- Preparation and follow-up of miscellaneous engineering services contracts as needed in relation with EPCI5 contract.
- Concerning EPCI5 contracts:
- Get fully acquainted with the historical and background of the complete tendering processes,
- Participate in the remaining tendering process and clarifications if applicable, and finalise all Contract documents ready for award,
- After award, perform the contractual administration and follow-up of the EPCI5 contract: review of EPCI5 contractor(s) performance of contractual obligations, EPCI5 contractor(s) correspondences review, COMPANY correspondences drafting, pro-active contractual advice, filing, and the like,
- Perform quantity survey of EPCI5 contractor’s activities,
- Review and analyse change order requests, or notice for potential change order request, issued by EPCI5 contractor(s), and, for changes order requests agreed in principle or change order instructions issued by COMPANY to EPCI5 contractor(s), prepare counter-proposal/evaluation of the change impacts (in terms or cost, time schedule, contract terms and the like),
- Regularly report to, and seek advice from Project Control Manager,
- Assist to management and EPC’s weekly and monthly meetings and draft all minutes of meeting,
- Interface with COMPANY cost control and planning,
- Interface with COMPANY procurement team in reviewing EPCI5 subcontracts/purchases terms and conditions,
- Coordinate with Company legal department.
- Coordinate with insurance and other COMPANY corporate departments as applicable.
- All such activities are to be performed with particular emphasis on legal aspects to protect COMPANY’s interests and ensure a strong position in case of legal action. Concerning services contracts (engineering studies and the like):
- Prepare the list of bidders and perform the tendering process including negotiation and clarifications as required.
- Participate in suppliers and contractors evaluation and follow up.
- Prepare the contracts documents.
- Provide the contractual/commercial support during the contract execution.
- All in line with COMPANY procedures and rules, established or to be established.
- 10+ years experience in similar role in Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in Nigeria an asset
- Engineering degree
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online