General Secretary/CEO jobs at Bible Society of Nigeria 2013
The Bible Society of Nigeria is an interdenominational Christian organization which translates The Bible into Nigerian Languages, mass produces same and distributes to all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. She also raises fund so that people with visual disability, orphans, prisoners, old people’s homes among other can receive them free of charge. She has 40 Area officers and 7 Depots all over Nigeria.
BSN is a member of the world body of United Bible Societies (USB) with international service centre in Reading, United Kingdom. She is a clear leader in Africa and number one distribution of English Bibles in the world
Position: General Secretary/CEO
- Our CEO will soon be attaining the mandatory retirement age of 55 in The Bible Society of Nigeria for staff and will therefore need a successor , For this purpose, applications are solicited from qualified candidates for the position of The General Secretary CEO,
- The post which is pensionable is a full time position and the successful candidate will be the team leader to about 200 members of staff all over Nigeria and will be based in Lagos (Apapa Head office) for now.
- Successful candidate works, subject to satisfactory performance as approved by the Board, until he/she attains the mandatory retirement age of 55 for staff.
- The successful candidate must be a person of integrity who is transparently honest, above board and of good report.
- Must be a team player and team leader.
- Must be ready to serve and lead in the Servant/Leadership style of Jesus Christ
- S/he must be a Christian who has a testimony of the turning point in Jesus Christ; a new creature, circumcised of heart
Applicants must possess all of the following:
- Possession of WASC/GCE or equivalent qualification with minimum of 5 credits at one sitting.
- Possession of HND/Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Possession of MBA from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as a Senior Manager in a reputable organization.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies like IOD, NIM, CIPM, ICAN among others.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be Special Member of The Bible society of Nigeria
- Must be a husband of one wife or wife of a husband.
- Publications of books or contribution to professional journals in management and leadership are desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure is not negotiable.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally within short notice is commonplace events in this position.
- Age between 40 and 50 years.
Theposition which is pensionable attracts an official car with a driver, a duplex among other benefits that will be decided from time to time by the Board. The successful candidates will be the head of the Management, Secretary of the Board and a liaison Officer to the UBS.
Application, attaching credentials can be scanned online to the BSN internet only.
No physical document please. We operate- a paperless office and we are highly computer literate.
Apply to: email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com : firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is Very Attractive
All applications must be received on or before 20th January, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates for this position will be contacted please.
You do not need to know anybody before you apply, just know God and have the pre-requisites