Business Editor jobs at Media Trust Limited Nigeria 2013
Media Trust Limited is looking for a capable hand to strengthen its editorial department. Applicants should be journalists with varying years of experience in print media or academics with specialization in relevant field and who possess good writing skills. All applicants should have the capacity to reduce complex ideas and issues to an easy read and also accept the work of journalists as watchdogs who hold both government and private businesses accountable.
Position: Business Editor
The applicants must possess the following qualifications.
- Candidates should have at least a bachelor degree and five or more years of daily newspaper experience as a senior business reporter.
- Interested candidates in the academia wishing to join the media are also encouraged to apply.
The applicants must possess the following requirements.
- The ideal candidate is someone who will lead the coverage of business and economic issues in all the titles.
- He/She should be on top of all the daily business and economic stories locally and internationally while being committed to accuracy, fairness and provide an account of events that presents all sides and build on the credibility and trust of Media Trust titles.
- The person should be able to see the local angle to big international stories and lead the team to produce an engaging coverage for our audience on different platforms.
- Aspirants to the business editor’s chair should be self driven team players who can turn in good copies themselves as well as rewrite and edit the work of others.
- The ideal candidate should be able to interpret financial data.
- Qualified candidates must have good language skills, awareness of the news and must be able to handle daily deadline situations.
How to Apply
Applications can be sent online to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
The Editor-in-Chief, P O Box 6873, Wuse Abuja
All applications should be in 20th January, 2013.