Oil and Gas jobs vacancy at GE in Nigeria 2013
GE ENERGY VACANCY
GE is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.ge.com.GE Oil & Gas (www.ge.com/oilandgas) is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our “Innovation Now” customer focus and commitment, GE Oil & Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses, such as aviation and healthcare, to continuously improve oil and gas industry performance and productivity.GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
- PROJECT MANAGER
Career Level: Experienced
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
Relocation Assistance: Yes
- The Project Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of projects.
- This includes project planning, developing schedules, resource planning & cost control and risk management as well as ensuring that reporting requirements are in place to satisfy customer and company requirements. Responsible for ensuring those involved in the project (Commercial, Procurement, Production, Quality) have plans in place to meet the obligations.
- Delivery of projects safely, on time and within budge
- Identify and agree changes to the project scope
- Ensure company processes and procedures are followed
- Identify new business opportunities and support the tender process
- Take full responsibility (Technical & Commercial) for all the work undertaken on the project
- Generate complete scope of supply list and issue to Commercial Group for Sales Order Loading
- Produce project deliverables to specification and on schedule and meet or exceed project margin targets
- Understand and execute the contract commercially
- Ensure accurate project schedules are in place and maintained regularly ensuring proper alignment with the Business Master Schedule
- Identify new business opportunities and manage the variation order process with the Commercial Group
- Generate the list of technical exceptions, deviations and clarifications
- Identify and document technical, schedule and commercial risks
- Arrange design reviews and ensure documented and Client involvement as required
- Leadership of the Project Team to meet targets but also to develop the individual team members to ensure their personal growth and increased value to the business
- Ensure that all necessary project functions, including HSE management and QA are established and organised in a way that ensures an effective and safe execution of the project scope of work
- Ensure that the project requirements will include resource to cover: Management of technical requirements, Engineering
- Provide regular updates to Management Team on project status, both technical and financial
- Organize formal lessons learned meetings at end of each project
- Degree qualified and/or experience in an Engineering or Project Management position
- Previous experience within a project environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and working to agreed schedules
- Excellent Customer orientation
- Excellent computing skills, particularly MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & MS Project
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Significant Oil & Gas Industry experience, preferably within subsea.
- Experience as a Systems Engineer with commercial, cost control and planning knowledge.
- Knowledge of GE operations
- Flexibility to travel as business requires
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply: http://jobs.gecareers.com/job/Onne-Project-Manager-Job/2355794/