INTERNAL CONTROL MANAGER CURRENT JOBS VACANCY AT FINCA NIGERIA 2013
FINCA INTERNATIONAL JOB
- INTERNAL CONTROL MANAGER
Job Code: 1123
FINCA International, one of the world’s leading MFIs, provides financial services to more than 950,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East.
FINCA is looking for a highly qualified Internal Control Manager (ICM) who thrives in dynamic environments to be part of the establishment and management of FINCA’s microfinance bank start-up in Owerri, Nigeria. The ICM will assist subsidiary management to create and maintain an internal control environment that supports the subsidiary in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. The ICM will be responsible to create and maintain an internal control environment that discourages fraud and negligence, detects violations at an early stage, fosters efficient operations and efficient use of human and technical resources, and assists subsidiary management at all levels in controlling and guiding staff and operations, with the aim of performance improvement. The ICM will manage and monitor control activities and recommend corrective actions, through the management of two functional areas – Methodology and Compliance – along with other internal control activities.
The ICM will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of FINCA’s operations in Nigeria and will also report to the Africa Regional Internal Control Manager. The ICM’s position is separate from internal audit and not responsible for the audit function.
- University degree in Business, Finance, Banking, Economics, Management, or equivalent work experience;
- At least 5 years of experience of banking or microfinance operations in Internal Controls, Internal Audit, Compliance, or Risk Management functions. Of this, at least 1 year should have been spent as a manager/lead in the function.
- 1-2 years of experience in a front-end operations function is an advantage;
- Proven experience in effective management, development and supervision of a team;
- Practical experience in identifying internal control gaps and creating solutions;
- Knowledge of internal control processes and management of operational risk in a financial institution;
- Knowledge of process analysis and mapping is an advantage;
- Excellent technical report writing skills;
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint). Experience with Core Banking Systems and good understanding of IS issues and the role of IS in financial and business management is an advantage;
- Fluent in English; fluency in Igbo is an advantage.
- Commitment to establishing a successful department and function over a three year time period
- Willingness to relocate to or within Nigeria
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture & committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision;
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, create effective systems and meet tangible business goals from an unstructured, dynamic and empowering environment;
- High level of self-discipline and determination;
- Proven integrity;
- Results-oriented, with the proven ability to implement short- and long-term goals;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and collaboration/negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships within diverse organizational structure
METHOD OF APPLICATION