NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA AT Nigeria Stability and Reconciliation Programme (NSRP) TODAY 2013
NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA AT NSRP TODAY
The Nigeria Stability and Reconciliation Programme (NSRP) is supported by DFID/UKAID and is managed by a consortium made up of British Council, International Alert and Social Development Direct. The programme seeks to deliver interventions to reduce the impacts of violent conflict and promote reconciliation processes. The focus will be on the national level and in eight focal states.
NSRP is looking for a committed and experienced individual to join the team of this innovative and exciting programme. Experience of working on programmes in conflict-affected environments, either in Nigeria or other countries, is desirable for this post. The post holder will be based in Abuja but will make frequent visits to NSRP’s regional offices in Maiduguri, Kano, Jos and Port Harcourt and to all the focal states.
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER – ABUJA
- To lead on programme monitoring and evaluation activities for the whole programme, overseeing the M&E activities at the Federal level and in focal states and LGAs
- To lead on the reporting, collation, documentation, and dissemination of outputs, outcomes and impacts of programme interventions.
- To contribute to the programme’s preparation for periodic external evaluation such as annual, mid-term and final evaluation
- To contribute to preparation of reports to internal/external clients and customers, ensuring reporting standards are in accordance with client and corporate standards.
- To ensure the inclusion of all relevant M&E activities into internal planning processes
- To oversee and guiding the work of the Programme Officers with M&E responsibilities in the four field offices, providing capacity support, technical guidance and relevant trainings and act as a focal point for the dispersed M&E team
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – ABUJA
- Ensuring both internal and external communications are in line with the programme’s communications strategy
- Support staff, stakeholders and grantees to project the brand of the program
- Design and preparation of concept notes and budgets for communications activities
- Collation and editing of materials for the NSRP website and support quality assurance of website content
- Management of the drop box of the programme
- Provide communications support service to the outputs and components of the programme
- Support technical reporting to internal/external clients and customers ensuring reporting standards are in accordance with client and corporate standards
- Responsible for providing communications support to monitoring and evaluation functions including support to grantees and stakeholders to communicate outputs and outcomes of programme activities
- RESEARCH OFFICER – ABUJA
- Preparation of concept notes and budgets for implementation of research and advocacy activities
- Management of research and advocacy activities
- Support the identification of programming opportunities for attaining the outcome of the research and advocacy component
- Provide desktop research support for the programme
- Facilitate meetings and activities of NSRP research users committee, NSRP research advisory committee and other activities of the research component
- Financial and technical reporting to internal/external clients and customers ensuring reporting standards are in accordance with client and corporate standards
- Support implementation of all project monitoring and evaluation activities including desktop studies, surveys and longitudinal studies
- Responsible for capturing and communicating the findings from feedback on research and advocacy activities
- PROGRAMME OFFICER – MAIDUGURI
- Responsible for implementation of an agreed portfolio of projects within NSRP ensuring documentation and processes are consistent with client, corporate and programme standards
- Responsibility for compliance with corporate systems
- Procurement and management of internal and external resources for specific activities in consultation with procurement officer/resources officer based in Abuja
- Risk management of designated area of work ensuring risks are identified and reported in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the regional coordinator/operations manager
- Designing of activity plans and schedules ensuring projects activities are delivered on time to quality and cost targets and client satisfaction
- Identify and implement improvements to project delivery
- Support financial and technical reporting to internal/external clients and customers ensuring reporting standards are in accordance with client and corporate standards
- Lead on project monitoring and evaluation activities in the state/region in conjunction with the M and E adviser based in Abuja
- Managing project level finances using programme systems for an agreed portfolio of NSRP projects ensuring client, corporate and programme standards are met
It is essential that the person to be appointed has experience of managing monitoring and evaluation systems and processes; has experience of programme and contract management and has experience of staff management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should download and complete their application forms and then email the completed form to: NSRP@gridconsulting.org
The subject line of your email should be the title of the position you are applying for. CVs and PDF completed forms will not be accepted. Closing date for submission of applications is 6th January 2013. Interviews will commence within three weeks of the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. British Council International Alert and Social Development Direct have robust policies on equal opportunities. All applicants will be judged strictly on merit.