Jobs Vacancy at South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) Nigeria 2013
South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) is a Nigerian Oil Exploration and Production Company that was created in 1995 by General T. Y. Danjuma.
South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) is currently recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head, Contracts
Job No: SA009
To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek a talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individual as Head, Contracts – SA009.
- Manage the company’s project tendering and contracting activities by ensuring compliance with Production Sharing Contracts, and/or Joint Operating Agreements and the Company’s Tendering/Contracting Procedures.
- Provide oversight functions of the Tender Board Secretariat and coordinate all related activities with the Chairmen and Secretary of the Board(s) and manage registration of vendors.
The above duties would typically involve the following activities -
- Ensuring that each contract holder establishes comprehensive contracting strategies prior to the initiation of tenders.
- Issuance of periodic contract performance reports as a control tool for contract holders and management.
- Introduction of best practice in the company’s contracting process and encouraging participation of colleagues in process improvement sessions.
- Manage the implementation of approved Contracting and Procurement Policies.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction for contracting and procurement while ensuring set goals and targets are met.
- Coordinate the activities of the Contracts Advisors, Supervisors and Contracts Analysts, ensuring that their performance is in line with laid down procedures and policies. This must always be with the intent of realizing company’s overall business objectives.
- Monitor compliance of the Contracts Team with all internal and external procedures, and provide the means of enhancing compliance as may be expedient.
- Provide leadership in contracting by facilitating a seamless interface between sub-units and the project teams.
- Develop and track the Contracts unit’s goals in line with the departmental and corporate goals.
- Track and make periodic presentations to the Leadership team, on the Company’s performance in terms of contract awards lead time and management.
- Meet with government agencies and other business partners, to ensure SAPETRO’s interest is protected through proper interfacing and relationship building.
- Provide an oversight function in respect of the Tender Board Secretariat in conjunction with the Chairman of the Tender Board, and ensure uninterrupted flow of operations within the Company.
- Ensure that all contract documents and letters originating from Tender Board decisions are in line with the minutes of the Tender Board, prior to execution by the Company’s executives.
- Advanced computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Minimum of 10 years Upstream Oil and Gas experience in Contracting/Procurement, and Cost Control/Management.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Should be dynamic with strong leadership skills.
- Good Contract negotiations and administrative skills.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to compile documents.
- Minimum of a 2nd Class Honours University degree in Science or an Engineering discipline.
- A Postgraduate degree and professional qualifications would be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good knowledge of operations within the oil and gas business.
- Ability to work closely and communicate interactively with all levels of employees.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs (Microsoft Word Format) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 28th December 2012. The Email subject title should be – Head, Contracts – SA009.