MTN Nigeria Fraud Analyst jobs vacancy Nigeria 2013
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Reporting To: Senior Fraud Analyst
- Proactively identify suspicious Mobile Money transactions
- Liaison with associated banks for suspicious Mobile Money trends and transactions
- Maintain and enhance fraud policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure data completeness and integrity of the Anti-Money Laundry System (AML)
- Drive proactive analysis that will form basis for AML system fine tuning
- Achieve Mobile Money fraud reduction targets set by the business
- Day-to-day management of direct fraud personnel performance including reporting and appropriate issues escalated
- Provide a visible and friendly relationship with all associated banks, law enforce and judiciary bodies in Nigeria
- Participate in industry associations, working groups and initiatives focused on collaborative fraud prevention efforts
- Assessment of potential money laundering, terrorism funding and mitigating techniques
- Monitor transactions and implement effective internal controls
- Ensure Know-Your-Customer ‘KYC’ activity is tailored to Mobile Money
- Reporting transaction above specified limits to Senior Subscriber Fraud Analyst
- Fine tuning the AML to detect Money Laundering and vulnerabilities
- Proactively mitigate identified vulnerabilities
- Monitoring activities of all especially agents / retail outlets
- Ensure proper record keeping is maintained by MTNN
- Understand and analyse Mobile Money architecture and transaction flow and ensure compliance to laid down Mobile Money operation processes.
- Understand all policies relating to AML, Mobile Money and Mobile Number Portability blacklisting and whistle blowing to ensure compliance to MTNN policies.
- File suspicious activity reports to banks as required by law and MTNN Mobile Money policy.
- Monitor integrity and completeness of AML data input and output.
- Analyse subscriber trend patterns and develop alarms to that will proactively flag suspicious transactions.
- Maximise the Fraud management System to aid investigation as necessary
- Validate all alerts involving customer, agents, merchant, banks suspected criminal history and report finding to SM, Subscriber Fraud
- Proactively identify, evaluate and prioritise product development opportunities and advise business on its benefits.
- Follow up and ensure resolution of all investigations.
- Understand business requirement specifications and user requirements for new product launches or system changes to assess the impact on revenue and fraud
- Manage the shift calendar of the Mobile Money team.
- Provide input into the monthly fraud management report.
- Hands-on development and execution of acceptance and technical test on various AML implementation across MTN Nigeria
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Willingness to travel at any timePrompt dissemination of alert information from the AML.
- Availability of information from AML.
- Systematic analysis and evaluation of fraud related incidences. Reduction in fraud related activities throughout the organisation. Risk identification in business processes and technology.
- Effective controls in fraud impacting systems and business processes.
- First degree or equivalent quantitative discipline
- 4 years work experience which includes any 2 combination from the following;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in telecommunications sector
- At least 2year Fraud Operational / Revenue Assurance Operations experience
- At least 2 years of analytical/policy experience
- At least a minimum of 2 years experience in E commerce or payment
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online