Director Research & Technical (DRT) jobs at Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN) Nigeria 2013
Transition management imperatives and the need to be more effective in the pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives have combined to create exciting career opportunities at executive leadership levels.
Job Title: Director Research & Technical (DRT)
The position reports to the Registrar/Chief Executive and is responsible providing intellectual insights and professional guidance on the Institute’s value propositions for the development of the accounting profession in Nigeria through research on topical and policy driven issues relating to economic, financial and regulatory imperatives.
- Provides leadership for the development of a highly effective and efficient Research and Technical Directorate ensuring response to long term needs of professional accountants
- Initiates and undertakes research activities on topical, financial and economic issues aimed at enhancing the scope and quality of research conducted by the Institute
- Ensures regular publication of high quality technical journals and memoirs
- Networks with senior researchers and academics as well as with national, regional and International institutions, to ensure continued relevance of research activities and a high profile for ICAN
- Establishes and actively maintains close links with national policy research institutes to promote research relevant to the accounting profession within their structures and frontier research into issues of interest to ICAN and its members
- Coordinates responses to requests from organizations such as IFAC, PAFA and ABWA with respect to exposure drafts and other technical matters
- Explores and actively identifies research funding opportunities with local and international development agencies
- Manages the Research and Technical Directorate, including functional management and capacity building of staff in the Directorate
- Coordinates efforts to provide thought leadership to the accountancy profession in Nigeria
- Coordinates the Institute’s efforts at providing technical support for members
- Relates with research institutes, academics and ICAN members, IFAC, PAFA, ABWA and development
Strong research, analytical and reporting ability with good communication and interpersonal skills. Success in this role demands diligence, attention to details, creative and inquiring capacity, strategic mindset and Leadership, creativity and proficiency in the use of information technology. Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated capacity to work in partnership with diverse groups while balancing the relative sensitivities are also essential skills for this role.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of M.Sc, or equivalent in- Accounting or Economics (Ph.D or its equivalent will be an advantage)
- Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant post professional qualification experience
- Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of research in line with strategic objectives
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2013
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your application and a copy of your resume electronically to:
email@example.com ; quoting the relevant reference code for the position in the subject.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.