West African College of Surgeons (WACS) April 2013 Primary, Parts I & II Fellowship Examinations Nigeria
The Primary Examinations will hold on Friday 12th April, 2013 in Five Centres as follows
- University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Nigeria
- National Centre for Women Development (CWD), Abuja, Nigeria
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana
- National Orthopaedic Hospital (NOH) Main Hall, Enugu
- Connaught Hospital, Freetown, Sierra Leone
The Parts I & II Examinations will hold from 15th April 2013 in Two Centres namely:
- University College Hospital (UCH ) Ibadan, Nigeria
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH)Accra, Ghana
- Candidates applying to sit the Primary Fellowship Examinations must be Medical Practitioners who are fully registered in Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, or The Gambia.
- Candidates applying to sit the Part 1 Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Primary Examination of the West African College of Surgeons or its equivalent and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of Postgraduate training as prescribed by the relevant Faculty.
- Candidates applying to sit the Part II (Final) Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Part I Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Surgeons and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of Postgraduate training as prescribed by the relevant Faculty. Candidates are required to submit copies of their Thesis/Dissertations with the application forms.
- Candidates applying to sit O&G Part II Examinations must submit their Thesis/dissertations and Case Books separately bound in Navy Blue Colour before 4th January, 2013. Late submission after the date mentioned above shall be treated and processed for the next Examination.
Further details are available in the Prospectus of the college
Primary Examination – N 40,000
Part I Examination – N 60,000
Part II (Final) Examination – N 100,000
Mode of Payment
All Payments should be made at any United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
Account No: 1014816816
Account Name: West African College of Surgeons
For Candidates sitting examinations in Accra, Ghana, Payments should be made directly to ABRAHAM OKLETEY, WAPMC Liaison Office at UGMS, Korle Bu, Accra, Ghana
The College shall bear no responsibility for payment into Wrong Accounts. Cash Payment is unacceptable.
Candidates must indicate their names in the Teller Column “Paid By”. Candidates should write their Faculty and Part of the Examination on the TELLER and submit same with their Examination Application Form to the College Secretariat either in person or by Courier Only.
Application Closing Date
The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is January 30, 2013. Candidates for the Part II (Final) Examination must submit their dissertations/thesis by the closing date PENALTY FOR LATE SUBMISSION IS N10,000 FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND THEN N20,000 FOR THE NEXT ONE WEEK. All late applications close an February 14, 2013.
Applications Submitted later than this date would not be processed.
Method of Application
Current application forms are available at the College Secretariat in Yaba, Lagos and WAPMC Liaison Office at UGMS, Korle Bu, Accra, Ghana Accra. Application forms can also be downloaded from the College website: www.wacs-coac.org
All Application forms must be accompanied with “documents included Control form” which could be downloaded with the application form and relevant documents.
All Applications must be Submitted with:
- Copy of Bank Teller – Primary/Part I/Part II (as indicated above)
- Copies of Dissertations/Thesis – Part II
- Copies of Case Books – O&G Part II which must be submitted before January 4, 2013
- Relevant certificates and photocopy of Log Books (Parts I & II)
- Evidence of attendance of Manuscript Writing Workshop (Part II)
- Evidence of training since passing Primary and Part I
- Evidence of registration as Surgeon in Training (S.I.T) Part I only
- 3 self-addressed envelopes with sufficient postage stamps
Candidates should indicate their e-mail addresses and their Telephone numbers on their application forms.