Director-General jobs at Nigerian Economic Society (NES) Nigeria 2013
The Council is therefore seeking to recruit a Director General who is an outstanding economist with demonstrable leadership and managerial skills and strong record of academic excellence. He will be supported by the Director of Research and Director of Training.
Job Title: Director-General
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Drive the implementation of the Society’s new vision of capacity building
- See to the day-to-day management of the Secretariat of the Nigerian Economic Society
- Implement the decisions of Council and the AGM
- Lead the design and implementation of all strategic plans, programmes and activities of the Society under the general direction of the Council
- Organize the Secretariat to optimize the performance and effectiveness of NES
- Organize fund-raising activities to enhance the performance and effectiveness of NES
- Advance the Society’s long-term sustainability by engaging in innovative and creative research, training, financial and institutional initiatives and relationships with stakeholders under the general direction of the Council
The successful candidate should have:
- A PhD in Economics or related discipline
- Significant experience in a senior management position
- Strong academic credentials
- Effective leadership and organizational, administrative and planning skills with financial acumen
- Strong analytic background with excellent communication and networking skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel extensively within and outside the country.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2013.
Method of Applications and Nominations
- Applications and nominations are invited for appointment as Director General.
- Applications and/or nominations (also stating your current salary and salary expectations), resume and three (3) referees report should be sent to: nigerianeconomicsociety.org
For further enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.