UNDP Recruits Programme Coordinator, Policy Communication and Knowledge Management jobs in National Planning Commission Nigeria 2013
Job Title: Programme Coordinator, Policy Communication and Knowledge Management – National Planning Commission
Location : Abuja, NIGERIA
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Duration of Initial Contract : Initial duration of one year
The Programme Coordinator, Policy Communication and Knowledge Management at the National Planning Commission (NPC) provides technical guidance for communication on the national economic reforms programmes especially; the Nigeria Vision 20:2020, the Transformation Agenda and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). He/She is responsible for stakeholder’s engagement, publicity and media issues relating to policies, programmes and projects; and advises the Minister of National Planning on related matters
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach for the National Planning Commission
- Technical Support on Policy Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Issues relating to the policies, programmes and projects of the FGN.
- Support to business development
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing especially for relevant communication MDA focal persons.
- Ensuring that two way communication is maintained on economic reform initiatives (Vision 20:2020, Transformation Agenda)
Ensures planning and design of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Planning and elaboration of communications needs assessments for the National Planning Commission.
- Liaison with various media organizations on media related issues for the National Planning Commission
- Elaboration of the National Planning Commission’s communications and outreach strategy based on the communications strategy.
- Constructive and timely advice on inclusion of communications components in projects managed by the Commission and to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of government economic policies.
Provides technical Support on Policy Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Issues relating to the policies, programmes and projects of the FGN
- Overseeing the implementation of the policy communication and knowledge management cluster of NPC’s Strategic Policy Planning and Performance Enhancement Facility (SPEF).
- Managing the development, quality assurance and delivery of implementable work plans for aid/development assistance.
Supports the business development focusing on achievement of the following results:
Launches and campaigns
- Creation and promotion of campaigns to local and regional media that position the National Planning Commission and influences the development agenda based on current programme and new initiatives.
- Management, promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications.
- Creation, promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on the National Planning Commission’s activities
- Promotional activities to position the National Planning Commission as a leader within the Nigerian development space.
- Increased coverage and understanding of the National Planning Commission’s work in the country or practice area through development and maintenance of media contacts and providing newsworthy information to national public and donors.
- Formatting, packaging and submission of programme initiatives for donor review in close collaboration with programme staff.
- Development and maintenance of close contacts with other government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector for implementation of the National Planning Commission’s communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Ensured access for journalists to subject matter experts.
- Regular newsletter to donors, donor reports, civic education and community awareness where appropriate to support projects
- Effective responses to inquiries for public information materials.
- Innovative and creative solutions to sensitive or corporately strategic public communications issues.
- Advocacy and promotion of National Planning Commission’s mandate, mission and purpose.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to country’s developmental goals and activities.
- Monitor practices, and project-specific news and developments in order to ensure guidance to the office that reflects the best and most current available information.
- Provides advice and support to the National Vision 20:2020, Transformation Agenda, the SURE-P and government initiatives,
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories.
- Organization and provision of training, consultancy and advice to support staff on communications strategies for policy making.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on creation of effective communications and dissemination of National Planning Commission’s information on Nigeria’s development network. In particular, the key results have an impact on implementation of the communications and publication strategies, as well as reaching resource mobilization targets. Communications becomes a strong component of business development in the Country.
Advocacy/Advancing a Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective advocacy strategies
- Contributes to the elaboration of advocacy strategies by identifying and prioritizing audiences and communication means
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Identifying and building partnerships
- Sensitizes national stakeholders, donors and other international organizations to the National Planning Commisions‘ strategic agenda, identifying areas for joint efforts
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Developing tools and mechanisms
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Continues to seeks new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Creating Visibility for the National Planning Commission
- Developing promotional projects and organizational messages
- Develops promotional activities based on monitoring/evaluation information identifying areas requiring higher visibility
- Develops messages for use by National Planning Commission staff when working with partners, internationally and nationally
- Reviews documents and materials intended for use within and outside the organization in order to ensure consistency and validity of messages
Global Leadership and Advocacy for the National Planning Commission
- Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective global advocacy messages/strategies
- Contributes to the elaboration of a global advocacy strategy by identifying and prioritizing audiences and messages
Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise
- Developing innovative and creative approaches
- Leverages different experiences and expertise of team members to achieve better and more innovative outcomes
- Contributing to positive outcomes for the client
- Anticipates client needs
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s perspective
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
- Building support and political acumen
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation
- Building and promoting effective teams
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Creating an emotionally intelligent organization
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in mass communication, media relations and journalism.
- 10 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is helpful but not mandatory.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
Application Closing Date
3rd January 2013
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online